How much of my stomach is fat/loose skin

Options
2»

Replies

• Hannahjane123456
    Hannahjane123456 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I also had a breast lift with implants back in December so they weigh nearly 2 pounds.
  • getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I have 5 children and my stretch marks and sagging skin are terrible. It's done a lot to my self esteem and confidence. I'm single at 44 and am too insecure to let ANYONE see my belly. :( I've looked in to a tummy tuck , but was quoted about $10 grand... I don't have that kind of money.. I don't think any amount of exercise will take away my belly.
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Your stomach looks exactly like mine before I had my abdominoplasty. No amount of diet and exercise helped. If you can afford to have the tummy tuck, I highly recommend going for it. I just wish I hadn't waited so long.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Sure, there's a little fat there, but you really don't need to lose more weight, and it would not improve the appearance of the loose skin anyway. If it's been more than two years since your weight loss, that's probably about it for skin tightening. You're young and if you're open to the idea a tummy tuck might be a good idea.

I'm older and would rather just live with mine - I don't need to wear a bikini - but you have a lot of years to live with the way you look, and if you're not happy, consider your options.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So you lost the weight at 22 but since then have had 2 children the youngest of which is 17months. What did your tummy look like before you fell preg with the first child? How old was your youngest when you got your current weight? You'll need to give it 2 years from when you hit maintenance weight to see how much your skin will improve on its own.
  • Hannahjane123456
    Hannahjane123456 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm done having children, I've got one of each so that's enough for me. I don't think I'd ever let myself get that big again I just know it's not a nice place to be and it terrifies me to lose control and get that way again.
    After losing weight before I had children I was around 112 pounds and my tummy had loose skin but not has severe as what I've got now, but I do remember leaning forward and it all being wrinkly and loose!

I still have loose skin on my inner thighs and my arms since losing weight when I was younger that has never tightened up.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I'm done having children, I've got one of each so that's enough for me. I don't think I'd ever let myself get that big again I just know it's not a nice place to be and it terrifies me to lose control and get that way again.
    After losing weight before I had children I was around 112 pounds and my tummy had loose skin but not has severe as what I've got now, but I do remember leaning forward and it all being wrinkly and loose!

I still have loose skin on my inner thighs and my arms since losing weight when I was younger that has never tightened up.

well then there is a chance it may never tighten up if some of it hasnt already. sucks but it happens.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

well then there is a chance it may never tighten up if some of it hasnt already. sucks but it happens.

^This. You might see a little progress, I know I have, but if you have drawn a short straw genetically, there's not much you can do about it without surgery.

BTW OP, I don't think you need to lose any weight. It's normal for women with some body fat distribution patterns to have body fat that is of a normal level still on their abdomens. Not everyone is meant to walk around super lean all the time. Unfortunately, what would be a normal smooth distribution of a very small layer of subcutaneous fat is exaggerated due to being attached to a lot of loose skin in your case.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    as I lose, the loose skin is getting bad around my tummy line. Oddly, I am wearing smaller waist pants, but the gut hang makes them feel tight when it never used to being bloated out big and higher.. hah guess it's a trade off looking better in clothes and being thinner