Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Anyone cutting after a bulk?

1333435363739»

Replies

  • sardelsasardelsa Posts: 6,953Member Member Posts: 6,953Member Member
    And, just for fun, Brad Schoenfeld's scientific study on fasted cardio. May want to read through this, @longhorns34112.

    https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-014-0054-7

    Ahhhh yes this is great, thanks. I've tried fasted cardio but it just doesn't work for me. The most I can do is 3 hours after eating, and even that is pushing it!
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 21,830Member Member Posts: 21,830Member Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    And, just for fun, Brad Schoenfeld's scientific study on fasted cardio. May want to read through this, @longhorns34112.

    https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-014-0054-7

    Ahhhh yes this is great, thanks. I've tried fasted cardio but it just doesn't work for me. The most I can do is 3 hours after eating, and even that is pushing it!

    I'm funny. I work out fasted every morning and never have an issue. But on my afternoon workouts, if I don't have some food relatively close to the time I work out, I bonk hard.
    edited January 7
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Posts: 33,794Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 33,794Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    edickson76 wrote: »
    Her last name is Buttermore.

    Talk about a Freudian slip
    edited January 7
  • lazrg91lazrg91 Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    Almost done with my cut! Yay me
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 21,830Member Member Posts: 21,830Member Member
    I've bounced between 191.2/191.4 all week. Being a female sucks sometimes. Hopefully I'll whoosh again after I cycle.
  • jseams1234jseams1234 Posts: 951Member Member Posts: 951Member Member
    Almost 3 months into this lean bulk. I’m up to about 210 but still have abs in the morning before the bloat monster ravages me. :wink:

    Still a bit dubious about bulking this slow but I’ve broken a couple of sticky plateaus so I’m sticking with it. Average intake on workout days is about 3800 and a little less on rest days. Zero cardio.
  • steveko89steveko89 Posts: 973Member Member Posts: 973Member Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Almost 3 months into this lean bulk. I’m up to about 210 but still have abs in the morning before the bloat monster ravages me. :wink:

    Still a bit dubious about bulking this slow but I’ve broken a couple of sticky plateaus so I’m sticking with it. Average intake on workout days is about 3800 and a little less on rest days. Zero cardio.

    Do you know how that 3800 compares to your TDEE? What kind of scale change/week are you targeting?
  • MommyLifts3MommyLifts3 Posts: 190Member Member Posts: 190Member Member
    I've bounced between 191.2/191.4 all week. Being a female sucks sometimes. Hopefully I'll whoosh again after I cycle.

    Yep, same issue.
  • steveko89steveko89 Posts: 973Member Member Posts: 973Member Member
    I've bounced between 191.2/191.4 all week. Being a female sucks sometimes. Hopefully I'll whoosh again after I cycle.

    Yep, same issue.

    I can only blame my stagnant weight on the calories I keep stuffing into my facehole. Despite averaging right about maintainence since 1/1 the scale has jumped up from 175 to 179 as of this morning. Highly encouraging...
  • jseams1234jseams1234 Posts: 951Member Member Posts: 951Member Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Almost 3 months into this lean bulk. I’m up to about 210 but still have abs in the morning before the bloat monster ravages me. :wink:

    Still a bit dubious about bulking this slow but I’ve broken a couple of sticky plateaus so I’m sticking with it. Average intake on workout days is about 3800 and a little less on rest days. Zero cardio.

    Do you know how that 3800 compares to your TDEE? What kind of scale change/week are you targeting?

    Seems to be about 2-300 above. I’m targeting about .5 a week. Some weeks no movement and some it jumps. It certainly hasn’t been steady like a normal bulk for me. I’ve actually averaged about .7 a week but that’s mostly because of the holiday excess most of us had to deal with... I put on a few extra over Christmas.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 21,830Member Member Posts: 21,830Member Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    I've bounced between 191.2/191.4 all week. Being a female sucks sometimes. Hopefully I'll whoosh again after I cycle.

    Yep, same issue.

    I can only blame my stagnant weight on the calories I keep stuffing into my facehole. Despite averaging right about maintainence since 1/1 the scale has jumped up from 175 to 179 as of this morning. Highly encouraging...

    Yeah. I've been weighing and logging. It's not the facehole issue. :laugh:
  • steveko89steveko89 Posts: 973Member Member Posts: 973Member Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    I've bounced between 191.2/191.4 all week. Being a female sucks sometimes. Hopefully I'll whoosh again after I cycle.

    Yep, same issue.

    I can only blame my stagnant weight on the calories I keep stuffing into my facehole. Despite averaging right about maintainence since 1/1 the scale has jumped up from 175 to 179 as of this morning. Highly encouraging...

    Yeah. I've been weighing and logging. It's not the facehole issue. :laugh:

    Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm weighing and logging, just too much.
  • steveko89steveko89 Posts: 973Member Member Posts: 973Member Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    steveko89 wrote: »
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Almost 3 months into this lean bulk. I’m up to about 210 but still have abs in the morning before the bloat monster ravages me. :wink:

    Still a bit dubious about bulking this slow but I’ve broken a couple of sticky plateaus so I’m sticking with it. Average intake on workout days is about 3800 and a little less on rest days. Zero cardio.

    Do you know how that 3800 compares to your TDEE? What kind of scale change/week are you targeting?

    Seems to be about 2-300 above. I’m targeting about .5 a week. Some weeks no movement and some it jumps. It certainly hasn’t been steady like a normal bulk for me. I’ve actually averaged about .7 a week but that’s mostly because of the holiday excess most of us had to deal with... I put on a few extra over Christmas.

    Holy smokes, how tall are you? I know you're a quite a bit bigger than I am but your TDEE is +1000.
  • jseams1234jseams1234 Posts: 951Member Member Posts: 951Member Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    steveko89 wrote: »
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Almost 3 months into this lean bulk. I’m up to about 210 but still have abs in the morning before the bloat monster ravages me. :wink:

    Still a bit dubious about bulking this slow but I’ve broken a couple of sticky plateaus so I’m sticking with it. Average intake on workout days is about 3800 and a little less on rest days. Zero cardio.

    Do you know how that 3800 compares to your TDEE? What kind of scale change/week are you targeting?

    Seems to be about 2-300 above. I’m targeting about .5 a week. Some weeks no movement and some it jumps. It certainly hasn’t been steady like a normal bulk for me. I’ve actually averaged about .7 a week but that’s mostly because of the holiday excess most of us had to deal with... I put on a few extra over Christmas.

    Holy smokes, how tall are you? I know you're a quite a bit bigger than I am but your TDEE is +1000.

    I’m 6’1. Yeah, it doesn’t really make sense to me either. I don’t weigh everything when I bulk but I certainly do when I cut. I don’t think it’s a logging issue. I am a huge fidgeter and my wife says I’m a furnace... or maybe there is truth regarding that tapeworm I’ve been accused of carrying my entire life. It’s annoying to me primarily because my requirements far exceed my actual appetite. I use a lot of liquid calories.
  • MommyLifts3MommyLifts3 Posts: 190Member Member Posts: 190Member Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    I've bounced between 191.2/191.4 all week. Being a female sucks sometimes. Hopefully I'll whoosh again after I cycle.

    Yep, same issue.

    I can only blame my stagnant weight on the calories I keep stuffing into my facehole. Despite averaging right about maintainence since 1/1 the scale has jumped up from 175 to 179 as of this morning. Highly encouraging...

    Yeah. I've been weighing and logging. It's not the facehole issue. :laugh:

    Same here. I'm trying to remind myself to look at the trend over a few weeks and not a few days.
Sign In or Register to comment.