Hello, Summer Body! - a weight loss challenge

Options
kcthatsme
kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
Hi! My name is Kristen and I have been the host of 25 long term weight loss challenges, here on MFP, and now it's time to get ready for the next one! This new challenge is "Hello, Summer Body!" and goes for 16 weeks. It is from April 30 to August 20. Our weigh ins will be on Mondays (closing each week at noon CA time and re-opening every Thursday). You can weigh in early also (Thursday – Sunday) so our first weigh in starts this Thursday, April 26!

I'm a really informal host. The group will be pretty easy going, with a great mix of people posting and supporting each other along our weight loss journey. We won't have pressure either! Just accountability.

The topics we have are:

Motivational Quotes!
What You Do That Can Help Others...
NSVs
Exercise!
Articles and Videos
I'm Grateful For...
This and That
Mini Goals
Before and During our MFP Journey!
Food!

You don't have to participate in anything but the weigh ins, if you don't want to.

If you'd like to join, please go to:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126718-hello-summer-body

Would you please post here also that you are going to join? That way this thread will bump up and be seen easily by others. Thanks!

Welcome to our challenge!

Kristen

P.S. Our group will only be public for a short time, for the privacy of the members.

Replies

• carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    carolemack wrote: »
    I am in!

Hooray! I got your message. :-) I'll respond SOON.
  • DuckDuckMongoose
    DuckDuckMongoose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    kcthatsme wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Kristen and I have been the host of 25 long term weight loss challenges, here on MFP, and now it's time to get ready for the next one! This new challenge is "Hello, Summer Body!" and goes for 16 weeks. It is from April 30 to August 20. Our weigh ins will be on Mondays (closing each week at noon CA time and re-opening every Thursday). You can weigh in early also (Thursday – Sunday) so our first weigh in starts this Thursday, April 26!

I'm a really informal host. The group will be pretty easy going, with a great mix of people posting and supporting each other along our weight loss journey. We won't have pressure either! Just accountability.

The topics we have are:

Motivational Quotes!
    What You Do That Can Help Others...
    NSVs
    Exercise!
    Articles and Videos
    I'm Grateful For...
    This and That
    Mini Goals
    Before and During our MFP Journey!
    Food!

You don't have to participate in anything but the weigh ins, if you don't want to.

If you'd like to join, please go to:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126718-hello-summer-body

Would you please post here also that you are going to join? That way this thread will bump up and be seen easily by others. Thanks!

Welcome to our challenge!

Kristen

P.S. Our group will only be public for a short time, for the privacy of the members.

• DuckDuckMongoose
    DuckDuckMongoose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'd be in if it weren't for the motivational quotes.

You don't have to read them. It is a separate topic.
  • emilybeth716
    emilybeth716 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In!
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm in!! So excited for another one of your challenges Kristen! Down over 25 lbs in your last challenge. Great format and amazing support from this group! This one is a winner people!!! <3
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • hyperchikss
    hyperchikss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sounds awesome!
  • EtreQuaEtre
    EtreQuaEtre Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm in as well!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    I’m in, too! Thank you!!
  • skittles88
    skittles88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in :smile:
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed. I am in.
  • skimninja
    skimninja Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've just joined but I'm very nervous as I am struggling on my journey right now.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    kcthatsme wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'd be in if it weren't for the motivational quotes.

You don't have to read them. It is a separate topic.

Perfect.
  • patiencew627
    patiencew627 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I’m in
  • FedUpApple71
    FedUpApple71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m in!!!!! On my way to a week vacation in Cuba in one hour - no internet access there. Back on the 3rd May - definitely want to be part of this. Please include me!! 9lbs lost so far with 16 lbs to go so really need accountability and motivation after this vacation as I’m afraid I’ll get into old habits.
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    skimninja wrote: »
    I've just joined but I'm very nervous as I am struggling on my journey right now.

We'll help you. :-)
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    skimninja wrote: »

The format for this challenge is low stress and easy to follow. Lots of support and suggestions to help each other. If you just want to do the Weekly weigh ins, that's ok too! That's one of the great things about this challenge. It's what you want/need it to be...and without the pressure.Personally, I think the Mini Goals are great and have been very helpful in the previous challange. One day at time time ❤ We can do this ;)