MASSIVE ACTION

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kcurtis577 wrote: »
    So, kcurtis -you don't eat fruit, vegetables, beans, dairy? All you eat is meat and spoonfuls of fat? I mean, it's a pretty extreme stance you're taking.

Hi there! I eat TONS of veggies. Veggies such as corn or sweet potatoes etc... contain complex carbs which don’t manifest into sugar such as simple carbs.

The what now? :huh:

Haha! I like the emoji. Big difference in simple carbs vs complex carbs. You’ve probably done some studying on this yourself. My goal is to mainly ingest complex carbs so I don’t store fat through simple carbs. Eating too many of the wrong carbs can lead to health problems (diabetes) and unwanted weight gain. I’m not telling you anything you don’t know!

Eating too many calories is what creates weight gain. It isn't a function of eating too many carbohydrates.

I suggest you read some threads here and check out the results achieved by successful posters who regularly eat all kinds of carbohydrates, including simple ones. Of the people with high level fitness achievement here, I don't think there is anyone who has eliminated simple carbohydrates. It's just not necessary.
  • kcurtis577
    kcurtis577 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So, kcurtis -you don't eat fruit, vegetables, beans, dairy? All you eat is meat and spoonfuls of fat? I mean, it's a pretty extreme stance you're taking.

Hi there! I eat TONS of veggies. Veggies such as corn or sweet potatoes etc... contain complex carbs which don’t manifest into sugar such as simple carbs.

Haha! I like the emoji. Big difference in simple carbs vs complex carbs. You’ve probably done some studying on this yourself. My goal is to mainly ingest complex carbs so I don’t store fat through simple carbs. Eating too many of the wrong carbs can lead to health problems (diabetes) and unwanted weight gain. I’m not telling you anything you don’t know!

Eating too many calories is what creates weight gain. It isn't a function of eating too many carbohydrates.

I suggest you read some threads here and check out the results achieved by successful posters who regularly eat all kinds of carbohydrates, including simple ones. Of the people with high level fitness achievement here, I don't think there is anyone who has eliminated simple carbohydrates. It's just not necessary.

Carbs have 4 calories per gram.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

No, eating too many calories causes weight gain

EXACTLY right!!! Bad carbs convert to calories! Take the number of simple carbs you ingest and multiply that number by four and it will equal to the number of calories that the carbs are turning into. Example: 4 grams of bad carbs= 16 calories. Simple carbs are the “back door” into getting too many calories.

No.... :noway:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Carbs have 4 calories per gram.

Fat, protein, and alcohol also have calories per gram. Calories aren't something that is only found in carbohydrates, so focusing exclusively on carbohydrates (as you are doing here) makes no sense.
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What I got out of reading this thread first thing logging in this morning (when I was waking up with my first cup of coffee) was get up, get off the couch, make changes instead of excuses, etc. etc. I needed that motivation this morning as I have been in a downward slump for way too long now! Thanks for that and welcome.