MASSIVE ACTION

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,138 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    i went to the store to buy stuff to make protein cake came come and this thread somehow got worse. Jeez. I think im going to have icecream to, Just to honor this thread. Ill also eat white potatoes for dinner because mmm

What flavor cake and ice cream?

I'm having hashbrowns with my dinner. Does that count? And I have enough carbs left after dinner for some Haribo. o:)

Blueberry vanilla cake with cinnamon banana cherry icecream :D Just bought the egg whites and cherries. Mmmmmm

Great. Now I want blueberry vanilla cake.

I had a bunch of pretzels yesterday - those Pretzel Crisps. Man those are good.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i went to the store to buy stuff to make protein cake came come and this thread somehow got worse. Jeez. I think im going to have icecream to, Just to honor this thread. Ill also eat white potatoes for dinner because mmm

I'm having hashbrowns with my dinner. Does that count? And I have enough carbs left after dinner for some Haribo. o:)

Blueberry vanilla cake with cinnamon banana cherry icecream :D Just bought the egg whites and cherries. Mmmmmm

im currently fighting an obsession with chocolate coated pretzels and jubjubes. Must not give in hah. I gave in for a while and simply cant moderate those hah
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

im currently fighting an obsession with chocolate coated pretzels and jubjubes. Must not give in hah. I gave in for a while and simply cant moderate those hah

Pistachio Talenti is on the docket for Friday. Antici-pation, as Siri says. She puts pauses in the weirdest places in big words. I think she needs remedial reading.

haha awesome xD
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kcurtis577 wrote: »
    So, kcurtis -you don't eat fruit, vegetables, beans, dairy? All you eat is meat and spoonfuls of fat? I mean, it's a pretty extreme stance you're taking.

Hi there! I eat TONS of veggies. Veggies such as corn or sweet potatoes etc... contain complex carbs which don’t manifest into sugar such as simple carbs.

The what now? :huh:

Haha! I like the emoji. Big difference in simple carbs vs complex carbs. You’ve probably done some studying on this yourself. My goal is to mainly ingest complex carbs so I don’t store fat through simple carbs. Eating too many of the wrong carbs can lead to health problems (diabetes) and unwanted weight gain. I’m not telling you anything you don’t know!

Eating too many calories is what creates weight gain. It isn't a function of eating too many carbohydrates.

I suggest you read some threads here and check out the results achieved by successful posters who regularly eat all kinds of carbohydrates, including simple ones. Of the people with high level fitness achievement here, I don't think there is anyone who has eliminated simple carbohydrates. It's just not necessary.

Carbs have 4 calories per gram.

Fat, protein, and alcohol also have calories per gram. Calories aren't something that is only found in carbohydrates, so focusing exclusively on carbohydrates (as you are doing here) makes no sense.

I agree. The idea behind avoiding bad carbs is directed towards the notion that most people don’t realize that there are such things as bad carbs. It’s just fuel for my body right? No, it’s not. Simple carbs are digested quickly and cause changes in blood sugar levels leading to over eating. Sorry for the confusion!!

Still no
  • JaydedMiss
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I love quick digesting carbs. Lead to great workouts and actually helps me not binge eat on junk if my blood sugar crashes at work.... Im not seeing how pointing out how our body digests carbs makes you right, Labeling them good and bad is just silly and what we are saying. Both types have their place in a healthy diet ( and really are the same just mixed with different things especially your sugar arguement you now seem to have dropped). Trying to complicate it and umbrella term everything for everyone is what your getting pushback on.