Most ridiculous diet

Options
rickiimarieee
rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
What's the most ridiculous diet you've ever tried or what's the most ridiculous diet thing you've ever bought?

I paid over 300 dollars for a month of diet shakes and pills. I didn't know calories were the root of all weight loss!

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for a month, just to see if I could do it. That was miserable.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for a month, just to see if I could do it. That was miserable.

That sounds miserable lmao. I tried eating salads just constantly cause I thought fat % was bad for you. lmao :D
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    The Cabbage Soup Diet. It was okay until day 3 and I couldn't stand the thought of eating it anymore.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    The Cabbage Soup Diet. It was okay until day 3 and I couldn't stand the thought of eating it anymore.

I actually never heard of that diet! I'll have to look it up lol!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    One time I ate two hard boiled eggs and a sausage patty for a year.

Lost like 70 lbs.

Occasionally I would eat an entire loaf of bread at a time and when going out would drink 4 shots of vodka or whisky and then like 8-12 beers.

This is not a good diet.

I'm lucky I didn't get scurvy.

Or liver failure.

70 lbs!!! Did you eat the eggs and sausage at every meal? or just once a day?

*asking for a friend*
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Mine was called the Yoli diet! It was like 389 dollars each month. I only did a month (I was trying for a baby) but you take these pH balance pills and metabolic boost pills and these nasty shakes (THE WORST) and you get like two snack a day and the days rotated. Like 2 ounces of protein twice a day then you get a carb day and it was like only an ounce of carbs twice.

It was absolutely terrible. My friend at work sold it and she has been on it for years. Its the worst don't know how she does it.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I'm going to win this one. When I was 15 I consumed only dry popcorn, unlimited and unmeasured, and drank only Tab. I was bicycling to school that year, 8 miles each way. I skipped breakfast and lunch, and consumed about 2000 calories in popcorn each evening. I lost from 222 lb to 168 lb, then got pneumonia and lost a few more pounds. Then I got well and had a pizza. While the pizza didn't exactly cause the subsequent gain of 200 lb, it and all his friends and relations were certainly helping in it.

As much as I love popcorn this sounds terrible!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »

Lost like 70 lbs.

Occasionally I would eat an entire loaf of bread at a time and when going out would drink 4 shots of vodka or whisky and then like 8-12 beers.

This is not a good diet.

Or liver failure.

*asking for a friend*

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

I at them for breakfast and that was it. This was in college. It's horrible...so unhealthy...guys get eating disorders as well. This was an eating disorder.

I was also doing all kinds of batshit crazy cardio.

But I would fall asleep so early...no energy to stay awake.

It's really unhealthy.

Do it as an adult and you could probably die.

That sounds terrible. I don't really like sausage too greasy!!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »

Lost like 70 lbs.

This is not a good diet.

Or liver failure.

*asking for a friend*

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

I at them for breakfast and that was it. This was in college. It's horrible...so unhealthy...guys get eating disorders as well. This was an eating disorder.

I was also doing all kinds of batshit crazy cardio.

But I would fall asleep so early...no energy to stay awake.

It's really unhealthy.

Do it as an adult and you could probably die.

Oh believe me I could not do this even if I wanted to. I once tried to follow this crazy diet where I had to eat 2 eggs and bacon and 1/2 a grapefruit every morning. I was so disgusted after 4 days I gave up.

ps. I could do the vodka and whiskey shots like a champ though. B)
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    KETO. I didn’t make it a full week, before I was like F******* this! I felt like complete and utter S****** on that diet. I had headaches, my mouth tasted funny, I felt lethargic. I guess I was going through the keto “flu” *eyeroll* is that really thing? I don’t think it’s normal to eat a super low carb diet. I also knew it was bunk science when I read that you still have to track your calories. That’s how they get you! The “experts” make it sound like you can eat all the fat and protein you want and you will magically lose weight. WRONG! I grew a brain and realized there’s nothing inherently wrong with carbs and now I’m eating in a way that’s sustainable for me.

Jenny Craig. Enough said.

I actually was gonna try the keto diet, because I read on here people do it and I researched it and was like nope. Nope nope. Carbs are my best friend!
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I was on the HCG diet...i took hcg drops daily and was only allowed around 500 calories a day. I lost weight but only because I was basically starving myself. It was miserable & expensive.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I was on the HCG diet...i took hcg drops daily and was only allowed around 500 calories a day. I lost weight but only because I was basically starving myself. It was miserable & expensive.

Jesus!