I went from WW to MFP

Options

Replies

• chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I'm so happy not to be alone in switching from WW. I followed WW online so I missed out on the whole table setting thing. I agree that there wasn't much encouragement to eat healthier. The new points system doesn't work for me at all so here I am. Looking to lose 15 or 20 lbs. I'll reevaluate after that. Anyone feel free to friend me. That's what I really like about MFP.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I'm so happy not to be alone in switching from WW. I followed WW online so I missed out on the whole table setting thing. I agree that there wasn't much encouragement to eat healthier. The new points system doesn't work for me at all so here I am. Looking to lose 15 or 20 lbs. I'll reevaluate after that. Anyone feel free to friend me. That's what I really like about MFP.

Trust me.... you didn't miss much at the meetings. I learned nothing new from it.
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I was on WW on and off for years. I did lose some weight but as soon as I stopped counting my points I just went right back to my old eating habits. I am only on week 5 with MFP but I can already tell the difference. Like others have said, I actually know what a calorie is now and my mindset has really changed over this last month.
  • Runningmargoe
    Runningmargoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am from the UK and guess a lot of you are in America but thought I would introduce myself as been meaning to do this for so long now and finally ready! I too have done WW, in the UK and each time I joined found it harder and harder to stick to. So here I go with MFP! Feeling optimistic!
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just literally cancelled my monthly pass and thought to try this. I've joined ww over 18 times. The 3rd time I did it lost 90 lbs. It was great but short lived. I had a really bad series of events and just didn't handle them well. Ever since their "new plans" came out I can't lose anything. I don't know why. But after going to the gym the last few weeks I got tired of converting calories to points and paying $45 to do it. I'm gonna give this a whirl. Sounds like I'm not alone. :wink:
  • fab_fierce_fit
    fab_fierce_fit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Trying out MFP because I hear its a great way to stay accountable! The people in the forums seem very nice as well :)

48173468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rypstorm
    rypstorm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I switched out of WW, after losing 30# and becoming a lifetime member. But the weight crept back a little bit, and I went back to tracking and exercising. After a while, with a series of workout dvds (turbofire and now chalean extreme), my goals have switched from weight loss to dropping body fat%. This is where WW is limited, and it made more sense to track calories. It just seemed like the points was a middle man that needed to be cut. FR coming.
  • Monner
    Monner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also switching from WW to MFP. Not really a fan of the PP program, and I feel like I can eat more of what actually satisfies me (fruit just doesn't cut it when I'm hungry!), eat healthier, and still watch the calorie intake on MFP. Look forward to "meeting" you all! Good luck to everyone!
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    I just literally cancelled my monthly pass and thought to try this. I've joined ww over 18 times. The 3rd time I did it lost 90 lbs. It was great but short lived. I had a really bad series of events and just didn't handle them well. Ever since their "new plans" came out I can't lose anything. I don't know why. But after going to the gym the last few weeks I got tired of converting calories to points and paying $45 to do it. I'm gonna give this a whirl. Sounds like I'm not alone. :wink:

I think the free fruit and veggies are not realistic....yes people don't get to WW on fruit and veggies....but they are still calories and maybe people overdo it?
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also did WW in the past- just don't see it being worth the money. I know it's only a meeting a week, but I just don't have the time (or patience) to go! Love MFP- love the support I get!
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think the free fruit and veggies are not realistic....yes people don't get to WW on fruit and veggies....but they are still calories and maybe people overdo it?
    [/quote]

Yeah, I thought the same thing. That and the whole one target number and 49 weekly points. I liked the range on the old plans way better. My leader broke it down and said the old method configured the points wrong. I say shenanigans. Just too many people had the sliders and the formula and they couldn't make the bazillion dollars off it anymore. Anytime you give me 10 more points and cut out foods with points I knew it wouldn't be right.
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used to do WW, I loved it. It really taught me how to eat. I lost 40lbs and kept it off, but then just couldn't get into ww anymore, plus it was expensive. So now I am on here and I LOVE IT! I have lost another 32 lbs on MFP :)

Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I really like it here. By far have stayed on it longer than any time I was on WW. And have lost more here also.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options

Yeah, I thought the same thing. That and the whole one target number and 49 weekly points. I liked the range on the old plans way better. My leader broke it down and said the old method configured the points wrong. I say shenanigans. Just too many people had the sliders and the formula and they couldn't make the bazillion dollars off it anymore. Anytime you give me 10 more points and cut out foods with points I knew it wouldn't be right.
    [/quote]

Exactly....plus I see it like this....if you are accountable on your own for 6 days and 23 hours....that one hour meeting is not required :)

If you can't be accountable for the 6 days and 23 hours ..... no meeting will help
  • JannAtBeach
    JannAtBeach Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs on WW, but then it stopped,,, No matter what I did, the scale wouldn't budge..
    So I'm not trying MFP to see what happens...
    I love that I can hook it up with my fitbit....
    I'm looking for friends that I have something in common with...
  • tfellger17
    Options
    I as well was on WW and found that i lost and gained,lost and gained. It was a never ending cycle. I just started MFP today so let's hope it goes much better than WW.
  • sirwillthegreat
    sirwillthegreat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've never been on their program, but I'm glad you're all mfp'ers now! Everyone feel free to add me
  • chloeRichardson1
    Options
    Hi I have been to weight watchers and slimming world and back to weight watchers again. Each time I have lost loads of weight but end up putting it back on again. Like every one else I got sick of point and sin counting and became obsessed with food and was stuffing the cupboards full of ww crisps and chocolate. To be honest I don't usually bother with crisps and chocolate, so it just made me worry I was missing out on something. I also got sick of being told to eat soup if I was hungry or hadn't lost weight. I hate soup. How is that a resolution to anything?
    I have decided to try MFP in my first week I have lost three pounds. Don't think I will be as lucky next week as I had a slip at the weekend. A meal out with a friend.. I need say no more.
    Good luck all on your journey :)))
  • hwhit76
    hwhit76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I, too, have done WW a million times!! Today is my 1st day back to MFP. I had signed up before but never really used it. Today is the beginning of my journey to a healthy lifestyle!! I would like to lose about 100 lbs so it's going to be a long journey. Would love to have the extra support!!
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both did WW for a while after each baby. The most recent was just before I joined here. WW is great if all you care about is what the scale says. I lost 25 lbs very quickly but noticed I had become what I would call "skinny fat". I lost weight but had no muscle tone. I came here and love it! Support is great. And I've gained some weight back . . . in a good way. I have put on muscle but not fat. That's the goal!