Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 39

Options

Replies

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    puttyputty wrote: »
    CrowChild wrote: »

5/04 -- 192.8 I wonder if I'm logging properly. Most of the food I eat is home made, and it can be difficult to guestimate what numbers to check against it (shepherd's pie, chowder, chicken stew etc.). I'm starting to suspect that I've been underestimating my numbers.

There is a feature here to enter your own recipes. I use it, but I found that if you edit a recipe that you've used previously, the output is wonky. I double check every ingredient independently by gram weight (using Google) when I enter a recipe so I can increase my confidence in the output...and the best thing is that by adjusting the portion size, you really can zero in on exactly how much of something homemade you can actually eat.

I've found that a great strategy is to add up all of the calories in the dish, then weigh the whole thing once it's prepared. Then enter the number of grams as the number of "servings." That way, you can just weigh your serving and enter it as grams and it figure it out for you. This is especially useful for soups!

I like this idea!!
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Day/Weight/Comment
    4/28 83.8 kg

Yesterday I drank some beers so there might be something with water I don't know. Tomorrow weight will be more precise.
    4/29 83.5 kg
    Yesterday was good except chocolate soufflé. Still, I was under my calorie and I walked 7880 steps which is good for a Saturday.
    4/30 82.9 kg
    Yesterday was good. I walked 7870 steps and eat all my calories and extra calories from walking too. However nearly 1 kg difference in two days really weird it must be about water I should log my water too and drink more. And also I'll probably have my period tomorrow so maybe it's about that, not sure...
    5/01 82.7 kg
    Wow still going down. Yesterday was ok. I passed my calorie limit a little and ate two cookies. I walked 6900 steps, which is not enough.
    5/02 82.6 kg
    Yesterday was not bad actually but, I ate the dinner very late and it was a falafel wrap so it's not the best choice. Still, I was below my calorie limit. I walked 8400 steps which is not enough. This week my steps are really bad actually. Last week I walked much more than this.
    5/03 82.3 kg
    Yesterday... I don't know. At afternoon, I couldn't eat enough because of feeling sick. But at night, I was with my friends and went a bar, so... I drank 2 small (33 cl) beer however, I was below my calorie limit.
    5/04 81.9 kg
    Yesterday I was sick, tired, sleepless and busy. I couldn't choose what I eat and ate some pizza, I didn't log my food but sure that I ate much more than calorie limit. I didn't drink enough water too. I'm curious about tomorrow's weight.
    5/05 81.7 kg
    Yesterday I was really sick (got cold) but had to go to work. I couldn't eat enough, took my pills and today I'm better. I'm really surprised this one week change. I didn't expect this much lost. I still think most of it water but it's good to see these numbers. I hope to maintain this lost and go further.
    5/06
    5/07