You cannot live the rest of your life in this body

Replies

• jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    MossiO wrote: »
    This body needs some upgrades and repairs at the mechanic, if you know what I mean.

If you choose to live the rest of your life in this body, it will not be terribly long. You will have ailments, aches, fatigue. You will be more likely to get diabetes, heart disease, cancer. You'll go out like your father. Or your aunt or grandpa or cousin. Medicating yourself with a handful of pill bottles and cake, or maybe alcohol. Or whatever. You know it's a temporary escape. You know it. You will die early, worn out and weary. It's already started.

I mean--you will die anyway, but wouldn't it be better if it were farther away and the lead-up was less painful? If you were strong where you are weak now. If getting up off the floor didn't make you out of breath. What if you could just jump up and maybe even bustle around? What if you could run? How would the steady breath in your lungs feel? How would your heart feel, making itself more known within your chest?

What if your weak muscles weren't so weak? What if you were actually STRONG? It's still possible. You're still alive, so it's still possible. But every day you stuff yourself with pizza, ice cream, beer, and/or cookies, you are going to lose out. At some point, the food you eat and the way you move your body regularly will be the defining factors of your health. At this rate, anyway. It's your choice.

So, what are you going to do about it?

(Written to myself this evening.)

You're right. I couldn't keep up my lifestyle. I was eating a diet of candy soda and take out. I was destined to become diabetic and have heart disease. I woke up a few months ago and said not anymore. Well actually seeing a friend who dropped 50lbs made me wake up. I have 4lbs to go before I am just overweight and not obese anymore. I will not ever get back to the 200lb mark. I support you and great job.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    NerdyFlex wrote: »
    MossiO wrote: »
    so are you selling brain transplants?

Nevermind. I was just having feelings tonight and it struck a chord, so I thought I'd share. Sorry. Asking for deletion rather than be mocked.

Sorry you feel that way. Maybe if you used the first person ("I can't live the rest of my life in this body") you would have gotten a better reaction. Because if you feel mocked by a joke, the rest of us can feel berated and body shamed by a thread title.

This. The amount of body shaming is ridiculous in that post.

That is not body shaming. People seriously need to re-evaluate things. This post calls attention to a huge problem in America. America has an obesity problem. That’s factual and I think a lot of it is because people don’t have the proper education about health and fitness

We don't have proper education with nutrition. In health class teachers would say based on a 2000 calorie diet blah blah blah. Eat a colorful plate,avoid too much sugar, move more. Okay sound advice but never were we taught how to implement a correct diet and exercise regimen. Then we are bombarded with fast and convenient food.