Friends who eat their calories?

hipari
hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
I'm looking for friends who eat their calories and maintain a smaller deficit. I have some MFP friends who are crazy supportive and motivate me, but many eat a LOT less than their MFP goal is, I mean operating with a daily deficit that's more than what they actually ate. That's all fine and everybody's doing their thing, it's just a little disheartening for me, a person with serious hanger.

I'm aiming for an intake of 1800-2000 daily for "regular" days, leaving a little weekly leeway for restaurants, parties etc but trying to maintain my weekly intake average at around 2000. I view the average of 2000 as a goal I should be around, not as a maximum limit one should stay as far from as possible. Last couple of weeks have averaged around 2200, and I'm working slowly downwards from that as it was too high for my desired pace of weight loss (still lost a little, though!). I'm looking for like-minded friends at any intake level, I'm into doing this for the long run, having moderate deficits and viewing calorie goals as goals instead of absolute limits.

I log daily, have an open diary (half the food names are in Finnish, though), and try to comment and encourage my friends as much as I can.

Other facts about me:
Starting weight: 215 lbs / 97,6 kg
Current weight: 205 lbs / 93,1 kg
Mid-goal: 198 lbs / 89,9 kg
End-goal: 176 lbs / 79,9 kg (this is the point where I want to see where I'm at and if I still want to lose more)
Non-scale end goal: active and healthy lifestyle without my fitness level preventing me from doing things, not having an X in my clothing size, having healthy pregnancies and starting a family in a few years (and giving that family a healthy lifestyle)
Other: finishing up my law degree (I'm turning in my masters' thesis in less than 3 weeks), getting married August 2019 to my boyfriend of more than 10 years, working part-time for an IT company and transitioning to full-time as I graduate around the end of the year

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited April 2018
    Well aren't they the silly ones! they will be the ones who will crash and burn - I've seen it over and over and over again and there's no telling them different either!

You are choosing the healthy weight loss approach and the one that will be sustainable.
    A weekly average is a good idea, I use that method myself even at maintenance.

Hope you get plenty of takers who will support you. I am happy to support you but I am not very active on my newsfeed any longer (I've been here since 2012, and at maintenance for almost 5 years), you'll not see my diary being posted or my workouts although its all there if anyone wanted to have a peek lol.

Congrats on your wedding plans :smile:

ps I've been to Helsinki a few times (stopped there on a cruise stop), love that city :smile:

Ruth
  • hipari

Thanks for the tip! I've actually been eyeing the group a couple of times - the thing is, I mostly operate on mobile devices and the apps don't support the forums (or I'm too dumb to find them through the apps), and I only log to the browser version maybe once or twice a week. Also, congrats on being at maintenance for almost 5 years, that's amazing! Keep doing your thing!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    hipari wrote: »

Thanks for the tip! I've actually been eyeing the group a couple of times - the thing is, I mostly operate on mobile devices and the apps don't support the forums (or I'm too dumb to find them through the apps), and I only log to the browser version maybe once or twice a week. Also, congrats on being at maintenance for almost 5 years, that's amazing! Keep doing your thing!

I actually mostly use my mobile phone, if you tap at the star on top right of a forum thread then you can come back to it easily as it will be like a favourite.

Come and join us there, its a nice bunch of gals :smile:
  • hipari

I actually mostly use my mobile phone, if you tap at the star on top right of a forum thread then you can come back to it easily as it will be like a favourite.

Come and join us there, its a nice bunch of gals :smile:

Hmmm... I found the bookmarking thing, but I can't figure out finding the forums in the app. Are you using MFP on a browser on your phone, or the app? Anyway, I have the group you suggested bookmarked now, and will definitely join once I figure out the forum-on-phone thing. Even the iPad app would do the trick, as I use both my phone and my iPad apps.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2018
    Ok let me talk you through how to on the app.
    When you log into app you see your newsfeed, at top left there is a box/3 little short lines - tap that and you see a list, scroll down to 'community', and tap on that.

Then at top if you have new notifications there will be a little number highlighted at the 'bell' or the 'star', Any ones that are your star/ or favourites then you will see you have updates on so you know to check them :smile:

I'm not good at explaining things, so hope that helped.

Ruth :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    And with the group its just a matter of going to that thread and just saying hi and a bit about you - you can even copy and paste what you wrote at the start of your own thread for handiness :smile:
  • hipari
    Ugh. My app (on iPhone) literally does not have the short lines menu in the top left corner. Instead, there's three little dots with the word "more", and the menu listed sounds like the one you're talking about. My profile, goals, friends, messages, settings etc. There's no "community". I'll check MFP support to see if it's just me being a dummy or if there really isn't a way to reach forums on my phone. I'm still looking for more friends like I said in my OP, regardless of whether I figure out the forums-and-phone thing!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Is your phone an iphone or android? I can't think why you're not getting same screen as me :/

the other way to reach the forums on your phone is to access the full website, small to see but you can zoom - not idea at all though!

At least you have your ipad.
  • hipari
    OK just to let you know, I heard back from the MFP team and apparently they’re rolling the community feature update out right now, so maybe I’ll get it soon :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    @hipari How tall are you?
  • hipari
    @hipari How tall are you?

Oops, forgot to add that. 173cm / 5ft 8in.