Christi2705 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    122 lbs

Chin ups 5
    Pull ups 3
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Zero at 125, but just installed a bar in my garage and hope to get 1 by the end of the year.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Pull ups: 25-30
    Chin ups: 15-20
    Wide grip lat pull ups: 12-18
  • isaacsdaddytiger
    isaacsdaddytiger Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Big fat zero right now.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    0. Don't see that changing any time soon :).
  • mitchkelly2446
    mitchkelly2446 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I weigh 220lb/100kg, age 51. I can do seven consistently, a couple more on a good day when I'm not completely knackered. Standing watching somebody who can do repeated sets of 15 with a 20kg (44lb?) weight in a rucksack is, how shall I put this... sobering? (OK, depressing!)
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I did 12 bodyweight once...50lbs weighted single once...and 75 in sets of 5 once.

I'm kinda "fat" now...I did 9 the other day.

Beyond impressed! How much do you weigh?

I tested last week and could still do 8 (I've been doing 5x5). My weight is holding steady at 140lbs.

I have a powerlifting competition in August, so chin-ups are going on the back burner. 150lb bench is more important right now (gotta keep my elbow healthy...chins aggravate it sometimes).
  • SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Zip! ZERO! and I am ok with that! I have a rotator cuff issue and impingement syndrome in my shoulder so no weight bearing activities. Although, I wouldn't do it anyways. Not my thing!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    I do table pull ups - lying under a table, pull yourself up to the table by doing a pull up using the edge of a table. Best on tables with rounded edges. You start doing them with knees bent and heels against your butt and as you get stronger you move feet further away. Anyway. I now do 20 with legs fully extended. It's still not my total body weight (160) but I am happy with that. I also do dumbell rows - 20 with 15 lbs. One of the reasons I work on this is for SUP paddling, which further exercises the same muscles.

Hey, cool modification, thanks!
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    About 30 bro-ups where you only do a half rep and squiggle your way up like a flopping fish or look like you are riding an air bike. About 18 full dead hang pull-ups. I don’t do chins - they aggravate my elbows too much.

Edit: haven’t tested body weight max in a while. I have a belt and do weighted.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Pull ups: 25-30
    Chin ups: 15-20
    Wide grip lat pull ups: 12-18

That's really interesting. I think you are the only person I've ever seen who finds pull ups harder than chin ups (based on your reps).

With the assistance you get from the biceps on a chin up most people find them easier.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    almost one now
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I literally can't do any, never have :( I've been a minimun of 215 pounds since 6th grade (and am way more than that now) so it's always been tough. Hopefully I can pull off a few in the future and brag about it!
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I do 3x10 pullups 185lbs + 25lb weight. If I do em straight without rest I can somewhere around 15 to 20 before I have to start kipping.

Chinups solid 20 maybe 25 on a good day.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    exactly 0.....my shoulders are my weakest body part......>.> by far LOL ...I think i did some serious damage to my biceps/shoulders losing so much weight (110) walking as much as i did and lifting at work using my legs...lower half is beast mode....upper arms are pathetic and wimpy. I used to carry most my fat on my arms/chest so i never really worked them out even before starting it was awkward. Iv never tried a chin up though im now making it a goal to come back here one day with beter numbers LOL
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Body weight: 175lbs
  • xWintersKnightx
    xWintersKnightx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Since I got fat Ive just recently did my first at 250. at 245 I did 2.

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 91KG (200lbs) and cutting.

I just tried and knocked out 13 with good form and full ROM. (I'd have probably got a few more with increasingly poor form)

Which is piss poor but that number will go up as I get back down to about 185lbs.

I noticed last summer when I cut back my pull ups and chins shot up as did my ability to do things like ring traverses and monkey bars.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm currently 91KG (200lbs) and cutting.

I just tried and knocked out 13 with good form and full ROM. (I'd have probably got a few more with increasingly poor form)

Which is piss poor but that number will go up as I get back down to about 185lbs.

I noticed last summer when I cut back my pull ups and chins shot up as did my ability to do things like ring traverses and monkey bars.

Yeah, definitely one of the few "lifts" that gets exponentially easier the more your cut. :)

...it's also one of the lifts that 99% of the guys you see in the gym are cheating the rep or imitating a fish. I swear, it's also one of those that guys like to lie about a lot... almost more than how much they can bench.

I've had a goal of 20 dead hangs for a few months now. I've been strapping on more and more weight to my belt. I can do 5 with a 45 hanging next to my jewels - but the strange thing is it hasn't helped my BW single set total at all. I hit 15-18 and just run out of steam and breath and my form goes all to hell. It's become an obsession with me - more so now than that elusive for me 3 plate bench. I got long gorilla arms though - probably not helping me. ;)