I know what to do, but can't seem to actually do it

Options
2»

Replies

• bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    So basically you gave in to your urges and went over your calorie budget, the solution is, don't go over it and I'm not trying to be a captain obvious but you asked how people do it, this is how I do it, two weeks later after not giving in and I stepped on the scale, I see results. It's worth it and more satisfying than going over your calorie budget.

This !!! And just believe in the process because it really does work!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Take some time to really consider what works for you... Do you need/want a variety of foods/meals? Are you happy eating similar foods for a while? What has worked for me (I'm a routine eater) is prepping my "day time" food for the whole week on the weekend. It cuts down on the temptation to eat out for lunch, and helps me fuel my day properly. Then I figure out what "fit's" into my evening meal. I've kept doing this week after week after week... and now it's just my habit. Habits will outlast motivation every time. So try to develop some habits that will keep you on track towards your goal. Then reward yourself (I like buying clothes, ha ha... and I try to avoid food rewards) once you've reached whatever mini goal you'd like to set, whether that is reaching a specific weight, or even staying consistent (ie. log every meal, every day for 14 days or whatever works for you).
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You havent hit your rock bottom yet! You will! Mine was over the holidays when I saw the holiday pictures. I was the biggest one at the table! WTH?!??!
    Now my sister is worried she will be the biggest.....I can only hope :D
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Go back to step one. Log everything. Next week is soon enough to worry about specific targets, this week, you need to commit to tracking.

This! ^^^^^