South Beach

Options
Hi fellow fitness pals -

Several years ago I had success using the different phases of South Beach. I thought I would give it a try again starting with Phase 1. Anyone else had success with this? Anyone want to join me on phase 1? Thanks!

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I did South Beach years ago and loved it, and feel like I'm eating almost the exact same foods now, but the plan I follow is called "Keto." Honestly, with the exception of a few specific foods like beans, it's the same food, different decade. But you can find a lot of great recipes that are called "keto" on Pinterest that will work for Phase 1.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    When I cut weight, my diet very much resembles phase II...I can't do phase I as I tried years ago and it's just overly restrictive for me. My maintenance diet very much resembles phase III.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Years ago I did the South Beach Diet and lost weight but found it hard to sustain and gained everything back and more. I have had more success and sustainability just eating my normal diet, tracking food and just watching calorie intake
    Some of the SBD recipes were pretty tasty though. I have the original book and a cookbook still. If I were going to do it again I would probably start with phase 2 combined with a calorie goal from My Fitness Pal and tracking calorie intake.

https://kalynskitchen.com has many South Beach diet recipes for phase 1 and 2.
  • lyndseykaye78
    lyndseykaye78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried the Keto diet last summer and I did not like it. It felt too "fatty" and hurt my stomach. Perhaps having the option of beans is what makes the biggest difference. I started phase 1 today with the intention of doing it for 2 weeks to mostly help my sugar cravings. Phase 2 will be good to be in for the duration of my weight loss.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    When I cut weight, my diet very much resembles phase II...I can't do phase I as I tried years ago and it's just overly restrictive for me. My maintenance diet very much resembles phase III.

This is me as well.
    There's a small group, if that interests you.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/8279-original-south-beach-diet-dash-diet-weight-loss-solution-low-glycemic-load-eating-group
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi I started phase one 3 days ago. I have done the diet years ago and it worked. I am sure I’ll see results if I follow the rules. Good luck!