Carpe Mensis - Seize the May!

Options
ChaelAZ
ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
With May already upon us, what goals do you have for this month? Have you kept up with the New Years resolutions, or is it something new you would like to achieve?

How are you going to Seize the May?!

Replies

• ChaelAZ
    Options
    I have a few month until my trip to Cancun, so I need to shed the pudge still. Soft goal is to drop 10 pounds this month. Hard goal is to go for 15 pounds. Also need to at least start walking daily, if not getting back to HIIT routines. been talking about it all the whole beginning of the year with mild success and more remission.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Misread as carpe menses

me too, glad I wasn't the only one.......no thanks!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Misread as carpe menses

Samenses
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    With May already upon us, what goals do you have for this month? Have you kept up with the New Years resolutions, or is it something new you would like to achieve?

How are you going to Seize the May?!

May brings a lot of freedom for me, this class ends in 2 weeks and then I get to enjoy my summer!
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I’m seizing mensis by ceasing menses. Hysterectomy this month. [insert fist emoji]
  • ChaelAZ
    Options
    Misread as carpe menses

Thank you for helping my thread.

giphy-downsized.gif
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Misread as carpe menses

giphy-downsized.gif

FWIW, I was answering seriously :grimace:
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Also misread the subject as "Carpe Menses" (I don't come across a lot of Latin in my daily life. I'm just sayin.)

My goals for May are to focus on hydration, and workout six days per week.
  • ChaelAZ
    Options
    Misread as carpe menses

giphy-downsized.gif

I love butt, to serve

You forgot the comma.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Also read menses, glad I wasn't the only one.

Following a long slow cut from August to January (180lbs to 170 lbs), a planned week at maintenance essentially turned into the whole month of February, followed by somewhat of a lean bulk for March and April. I'm back up to 175 and looking to cut back to under 170. I have a wedding to attend in two weeks and a convention I'm going to 6/9 so I'm planning to cut at around 0.75% body weight until then. I was feeling a little run down in the gym so I took last week as a rest/deload week and was back at it feeling good yesterday. The weather is finally warmed up here in the midwest, I always do better dragging my butt out of bed to workout before work when it's not dark and frosty outside.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Glad to see it's not just my work mates that can take a conversation of track in a blink of an eye.

For May I will plan on losing 3 pounds and getting in 2 solid workouts a week with at least 5 minor workouts. I also will not allow myself to snack after dinner during the week.

Wish me luck because I'm not that strong when it comes to snacking.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have teetered a bit on my goals but right now my mindset is strong and I am crushing them. I hope to keep that shiznit up.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I have teetered a bit on my goals but right now my mindset is strong and I am crushing them. I hope to keep that shiznit up.

:love:
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    May 12 I'm going to all you can eat Brazilian steak house and keep giggling like a little school girl I'm that excited

Fogo de Chao?
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’m seizing mensis by ceasing menses. Hysterectomy this month. [insert fist emoji]

Comment of the year! Good luck with the procedure.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    May 12 I'm going to all you can eat Brazilian steak house and keep giggling like a little school girl I'm that excited

Fogo de Chao?

That is the one <3:p>:)

Oh it is to die for! First time?