Favorite Tea!!

Options
Since I started the diet back in Oct last year, I started to drink more tea. It help to curve the snacking habit during work.

I used to prefer green tea, my old favorite are Jasmine Green Tea from Chinese supermarket and Strawberry Cream Tea from Coffee Bean. The Coffee Bean tea are quite pricy($10 after tax for 20bags)

I was at Walmart one day and decided to search its tea section to find a cheaper alternative. I found the Bigelow Salted Carmael Tea by chance and it is now my new favorite, and have turned me to drink more black tea instead. This taste like caramel and vanilla, very lovely flavor that can help curve my sweet cravings too. I also like the Toasted Coconut Almond Bark Tea from the same brand.

Other flavored tea I tried in the past, Peach Tea from coffee bean which is quite nice, Candy Cane Tea from Trader Joe which taste very much like candy cane but I personally don't like the strong mint flavor that much.I just got a new one yesterday at local Walmart, its a Chocolate Tea from Harney and Son. It has good chocolate flavor initially but was over taken my tea flavor, still recommend this for chocolate lovers.

What are your favorite tea, I am excited to try more interesting tea.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The only tea I drink is iced tea brewed by the sun in summer.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I love Celestial Seasonings teas. They are flavorful and have a wide variety. A few of my favorites are Apple Cinnamon Spice, Lemon Ginger, and Maple Ginger. Raspberry and peach are also very good. Currently, I have a box of peppermint tea and that's very refreshing in the morning.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I was drinking Capital Teas loose teas but lately they don't have the flavors I like. My favorites from them were the Lemon Drop, Purple Potion and a few others. I ordered some Adagio Tea samples (loose tea) and so far my favorite is the decaf vanilla. It is a black tea. I also tried the berry tea this morning. It is good, but very typical--you could get the same thing in Tazo or Celestial Seasonings.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I love Stash tea. Some of my favorites are Super Irish Breakfast, Chocolate Mint, Coconut Mango, Apple Cinnamon Chamomile, and Breakfast in Paris (Earl Grey with lavender and vanilla).
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Stash peppermint is delicious. I drank like 3 cups a day over the winter. I am starting to feel like I want something more summery now.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Oolong.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    So many favorites. I drink iced tea all year round (black and green). I like to add flavored bags so I get a little added flavor.

Favorite hot teas (black): Bigelow French Vanilla and Chocolate Chai. Twinings Spiced Apple Chai.
    Herbal: Twinings Orange & Cinnamon Spice and Berry Fusion.

Going to have to hunt down a couple Stash flavors @janejellyroll mentions. My favorite store for tea stopped carrying the Twinings Christmas teas.......I ordered one that sounds similar to apple cinnamon chamomile.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Harney and Sons, either the Earl Grey Supreme (a bit stronger on the bergamot than standard Earl Grey) or Paris (a fruity black tea).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I like Salada matcha pear tea right now but Tazo green ginger & Twinings Earl Grey are two of my longtime favorites.
    I'm also a fan of apple cinnamon from Celestial Seasonings or Bigelow, and just about ANY chai tea.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Chai fanatic here:
    Love stash black chai, white chai, and red (caffeine free) chai

Also get triple leaf Jasmine green tea because that is the only bulk caffeine free bag tea I can find
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Oolong, but I just bought Numi's Chinese breakfast loose leaf. With a slice of lemon in the morning, I'm in heaven!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    2 faves from Trader Joes: candy cane green tea (I stock up each winter so I have enough for summer iced tea, too!) and now the new watermelon mint black tea- YUMMM! I used to only buy Harney & Sons, but these are great, too, if you like flavored teas. I cannot do herbal "teas" :-( I must stock up on the watermelon one now, too because you never know when they will stop selling/sell-out.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    ^ Watermelon Mint, you say? *faints* I have to get that!

To the OP: I'm a huge fan of black teas, but I also love a good fruity tea. Harney & Sons makes a nice Blueberry Pineapple Tea. I also like minty teas when I'm sick or on a cold day.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I like Tazo Darjeeling and Stash Chocolate Mint.
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    CTcutie wrote: »
    2 faves from Trader Joes: candy cane green tea (I stock up each winter so I have enough for summer iced tea, too!) and now the new watermelon mint black tea- YUMMM! I used to only buy Harney & Sons, but these are great, too, if you like flavored teas. I cannot do herbal "teas" :-( I must stock up on the watermelon one now, too because you never know when they will stop selling/sell-out.

I like the sweet taste of the candy cane green tea but I find the cold minty taste is odd when drink hot tea, but yes I should try this as iced tea, I'll probably enjoy it a lot more.
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like Harney and Son's sunset spice- it is fruity orange/cranberry with a little spice, great for cooler weather.

Celestial Seasoning is flavorful, but they all taste the same to me and they are very tart (all that rosehip and hibiscus bleck) I'm always on the lookout for a good tea to enjoy in the evening before bed. But I don't like tart or boring (like chamomile)!

If you like black tea, I'm a big fan of Irish breakfast blend of black tea. very flavorful, decent punch of caffeine!
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Lemon, Sweet & Long Island for me. I'm not picky, I use Crystal light mixes. It's easy & convenient.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Hojicha, which is roasted and has a nice toasty flavor. Also lapsang souchong, which is a smoked leaf. A really good jasmine tea or mint green tea are also favorites. For a pick me up: a good English or Irish breakfast with milk and sugar.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    @Hamsibian - Numi Chinese Breakfast is simply the best! I buy it in bulk (100 bags) off Amazon for approximately $23.

To answer OP’s inquiry, aside from Numi Chinese Breakfast, I adore their Toasted Rice flavor as well. It’s so unique! Their Mint is also very good.... suffice to say, I’m a Numi fan through and through. Numi offers a nice variety pack if you want to try a lot of their different flavors instead of committing to an entire box of one flavor.

Other than Numi, I drink Trader Joe’s green tea and slightly off topic - I also drink Crio Bru as well which is kinda like the dark chocolate version of hot chocolate - not very sweet at all but for 10 calories, I add some sugar free sweetener and get the craving for chocolate to go away: https://criobru.com/
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ^ Watermelon Mint, you say? *faints* I have to get that!

To the OP: I'm a huge fan of black teas, but I also love a good fruity tea. Harney & Sons makes a nice Blueberry Pineapple Tea. I also like minty teas when I'm sick or on a cold day.

For many years, green tea if my thing. I am Chinese, so I always enjoy the fresh and subtle sweetness in fresh chinese tea. After I came to the US, I discovered the whole range of fruit flavored green tea , they became my favorite. Unfortunately, recently I find green tea irritate my stomach a little bit if drink on empty stomach, so I switched to black tea.