For Weekly Weighers, Why did you pick the day you did to weigh in?

Options
taziarj
taziarj Posts: 243 Member
I see some people that only weigh once a week, others weigh every day but only record once a week. For those of you in this situation, why did you pick the day you did?

I see people saying that they log their weight or weigh in on Mondays. To me that makes no sense. Why weigh in after a weekend when you could have over indulged. I weigh in every Saturday morning and record that weight in MFP. It makes sense. It seems easier for me to stick to the plan during the weekdays and I let lose a little more on weekends.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    With my husband home and being active, I am less likely to over indulge on the weekends.

In the end, it doesn't matter. My week to week weight is irrelevant, it is the long term trend that is important. I only stick with Mondays because I agreed to be in a challenge and that is the day I chose at the beginning.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time being disciplined with my diet on Thursdays because they are my busiest days. In order to motivate myself to eat right, I weigh in on Friday mornings. It does help having the looming weigh-in the next day.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Friday because I eat more on Saturday & Sunday and I have 5 days to create a deficit (or not :#) and to see something more realistic after a few “good” days and not water weight, more food in my belly etc, etc
    I could peak any other day but my “official” weight is Friday, that’s the beginning of my week...
  • luvmakidz
    luvmakidz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »
    Friday because I eat more on Saturday & Sunday and I have 5 days to create a deficit (or not :#) and to see something more realistic after a few “good” days and not water weight, more food in my belly etc, etc
    I could peak any other day but my “official” weight is Friday, that’s the beginning of my week...

Exactly my reasoning! Friday mornings are my day.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Because I only have about 1 valid day per week to minimize known water weight fluctuations, and even that can be screwed up sometimes so I skip it.

Morning after rest day eating normal sodium levels, not sore from last workout.

For me that is Sat. Sometimes Wed.

Ditto on not weighing on Mon if you are prone to eating different foods on the weekend - recipe for aggravation and stress.
    But, some may plan on more exercise then - thinking exercise by itself is a cause for weight loss - never mind body's normal response is more water weight. Stress again I'd think.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the Monday loggers usually. But I do average out the last week's daily numbers for it so it doesn't make much difference either way. Monday just seemed like a fresh start day to pick.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Saturday has historically been a day I over-indulged. Making my weigh-in Sunday morning helps keep me on the rails.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I must be weird.... I eat better, and less on the weekend than I do during the week, because I’m not flat-out busy at work so I don’t seem to be as hungry and need as much food. I’m more likely to slip up on a weeknight because I’m tired and/ or have less time to cook, so that’s more often when dumb decisions are likely to happen.

I generally eat more Mon to Fri, so Monday morning, first thing in the morning is my best day to weigh in.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I do Monday because that's the day I started logging and actively trying to lose weight, so I just kept it on the same day every week.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Sunday mornings.
    1. When my mom was alive I called her every Sunday morning to talk and after she died there was a hole in my routine that day. It helped to designate a new activity to do for that time.
    2. Sunday mornings everyone else in my home is sleeping in. I am not rushed or interrupted. I don't forget to weigh in.
    3. I do not really eat or drink very differently or do different activity on the weekends so it doesn't really matter that much.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday’s with the reasoning that if I’m upset by the number I don’t have to straight off to work etc but instead have a day to reflect and get over it. I started out that way and don’t see a reason to change it even though I’m in a Much better place mentally now.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Saturdays because Saturday tends to be the day I'm least in a rush and least likely to forget to weigh myself between emptying my bladder and jumping in and out of the shower and getting dressed. I'm not going to undress just to weigh myself.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    When I was weighing weekly, Id pick a day after a workout. Wound up being Tuesday for me.

I currently just weigh daily and just deal with the ups and downs.
  • nickiwalsh5
    nickiwalsh5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m a Monday weigh’er! I decided on Monday’s because it’s when I feel the beginning of my week is, and if I’ve had a crap weigh in, it’s the perfect day to restart!
  • Minhamsterfish
    Minhamsterfish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning, helps keep me accountable on the weekends and i usually have more time :)
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays so I can recover from weekend if needed although sometimes I'll weigh on a different day if I feel lighter and I'm impatient but Wednesdays generally work well for me.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    Sunday evening - for no particular reason.

I just have a sense of week ending then and new week starting Monday.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wednesday because it’s the middle of the week.
  • Stationagentjules
    Stationagentjules Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tuesday morning for me. Keeps me on track enough through the weekend knowing I’ll be weighing in, but still affords me one Monday to balance out.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Friday. I was weighing in on Monday but I dont track my calories on the weekend, I'm very consistent M-F so I feel like that is a better day for me. I eat more junk food on the weekend, definitely increasing my salt intake so monday wouldn't be a good day.