38 lbs and I can't see a difference - pics

So, I've been feeling like I'm bigger than ever, which is clearly not true since I've lost 70 lbs. I went to a local water park last week and thought that, if I took a new picture and compared it to last year's pic, I would get a confidence boost!

The problem? I feel like I look exactly the same. There's a 38 lbs difference between them, but I can't see it.

Does anyone else see anything?

Last year, 188 lbs:
481924_3616870497227_1529685964_n.jpg

This year, 150 lbs:
968880_10200513973548670_800688556_n.jpg

I could use the support, thanks.

Replies

• dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    I think there is a distinct difference.

Question: Last year when you were heavier would you have worn a suit similar to this years suit? I'm guessing not.
  • I can see a difference. Your body looks toner in the second pic. Your face looks thinner, your legs not so "lumpy" (for lack of a better word), your torso looks firmer.

I have the same problem with seeing the difference in myself quite a bit but you need to realize that the 38 pounds didn't come off of one spot, it came off all over your body.

Have you gone bra shopping since you lost the 38 pounds? If not, go to a store where they will measure you before you make a purchase - chances are you will be very pleasantly surprised to find out your new band size. Not to mention a new bra will flatter your figure and you'll really be able to see the difference.
  • You may not see it but I can... Your arms, legs, hips, tummy, and boobs are all much smaller, and while there's a bit of cellulite in the top picture I don't really see any in the bottom one. You also look much more toned overall in the second pic, it's obvious that your muscles are in much better shape than they were. You're doing amazing, don't be so hard on yourself.... I sometimes feel like I can't see a difference in myself - until I put on jeans that haven't fit since high school. Keep up the awesome work, and feel free to add me, I could use some friends on here, especially ones who are doing as well as you. :)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    I see a significant difference. Your bust, arms, abdomen, legs are all smaller than last year. You look "tighter" all around. You are doing great, so don't be discouraged.
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    I can see a difference too. I think your arms look a lot thinner and your legs look toner. Your first swimsuit hides a lot of your midsection so I think its hard to make a fair judgment on that part.
  • I think you look a thousand times better. Especially in your face, chest and thighs. Keep doin' what you're doin' :)
  • skinniwoman
    skinniwoman Posts: 29 Member
    nice curves:smile: You look really good, I hope I can stay focused. I gained 70 pounds over the last couple of years. I can't stand looking at myself. So here I go. I lost only a pound this week, but I'm actually excited this time. Previous times when I lost only a pound I was frustrated, but I really want it this time. I have a great man in my life finally and I want to look good for myself and him. I also want the energy to keep up with my family.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Well, you have cleavage instead of "ow, my boobs are heavy" look. I speak from experience on that one. You look GREAT. In fact, if you showed me the before/after, I'd guess more than the 38 lbs. were lost.
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Great job. I see a difference to. In your legs, tummy & face..I know it can be frustating when you don't see the changes you want to.. But you are changing. 38 pounds is a lot of weight. Last year I lost 35 & then this year gained it back.. I noticed big changes with 35.. It was not the way I looked, but the way I felt.. Your doing great..
  • DMJS
    DMJS Posts: 46
    You look great!! Take one body part at a time and compare. I see the difference. If you have any questions, put the first suit on again. Then you will really see the difference. Your legs are smaller, including your calfs. No dimpling in the upper leg. Breasts are totally smaller. I bet your back feels better. and your arms are smaller. You have to stand the same in both pics to see it right away, I think.
  • You look waaayyyyyy better in the second picture,,,, :drinker: :bigsmile:
    I do understand , I have lost 32 lbs and wear a smaller size, but I look at my thighs and know I still have work to do,, keep up the good work, you are doing great
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Can TOTALLY see a difference!!!! You look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! You look more healthy and toned in the second one...such an inspiration!!!! :happy:
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    There is definitely a noticeable difference in the 1st and 2nd pictures. You look much more toned in the 2nd picture and your face is slimmer, your facial features are more defined. Keep up the great work! We're always the last ones to notice our progress, but you really do look amazing!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    I can see a big difference for sure!!!!!!!!! Great work
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    There is a definite difference! You look healthier, more toned. Even your facial features are more defined. Keep it up! : )
  • beelikethebug1116
    beelikethebug1116 Posts: 22 Member
    You definitely look more toned! Also, remember that these are both forward-facing pics—depending on the way your body stores fat, you might notice a much bigger difference with your profile or the back!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    You look way different to me, your face looks thinner your arms more defined legs more toned. We never see things right on our own bodies:) Keep it up you look great!
  • I see a difference. I think your waist is smaller and I definitely see a difference in your arms. I'm struggling the same way. I've only lost 27 lbs so far but I don't see much of a difference if any. It's upsetting and discouraging. I tried on a dress from before I started losing weight and there was barely a difference. :(

But the fact of the matter is that you HAVE lost 38 lbs since then and you've probably lost more inches than you realize.

:) You'll start to see a difference soon.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Arms, legs, belly - all much smaller, also your bust is much neater - still curvy but much more youthful looking.

It doesn't help that the two photos are taken from different angles, the old one much closer and looking down, the second from further away and looking straight so it's difficult to compare exactly. But look at your shoulders, in the old pick, your upper arms make a round shape from your shoulders, and in the new one, there's a much sharper angle and straighter line - so your arms are much trimmer.

You look fantastic! Keep it up xxxx
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    wow, you look SO different! YES, there is a change that can be seen. everywhere you are smaller, tighter, firmer...and you look so much younger! wtg! :bigsmile: