Didn’t lose an ounce

Options
2»

Replies

• 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I reduced alcohol, I exercised a lot,I was careful with my food and I didn’t even lose an ounce this week. Discouraging! :(

Could easily be water retention. Exercising a lot can cause water retention. Did you gain weight?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    what does "careful with my food" mean? did you weigh all your food and eat at a deficit?? that is what is necessary - not everything else you mention.

^ This is the most relevant question in the thread. "Careful with my food" may or may not be the same as "I tracked/logged accurately, weighed my solid portions and measured my liquid portions to ensure I was in a caloric deficit".

The other points stand as well - that weight loss is not a linear process (especially in women, where hormones play a significant role) and you won't experience a loss every single day/week. Fluctuations are perfectly normal and to be expected. And that if one starts a new exercise program (or significantly changes/increases their existing exercise program), water/glycogen retention is a very real possibility.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Here is an analogy I thought of a while ago - yay!! a thread to use it in. B)

The weather from end of summer to mid winter gets progressively colder - i doubt anyone disagrees with that.

But that doesnt mean every single day or every single week is colder than the one before - it is not linear, it is the trend over time that counts.

OOOOOOOOO great analogy!

Along those lines, it gets progressively warmer from winter to summer, but in February we had days that were warmer than it is today in May.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Here is an analogy I thought of a while ago - yay!! a thread to use it in. B)

The weather from end of summer to mid winter gets progressively colder - i doubt anyone disagrees with that.

But that doesnt mean every single day or every single week is colder than the one before - it is not linear, it is the trend over time that counts.

giphy.gif