South Beach Phase 1- Start this with me!!

Options
Hi!! Whose interested in starting South Beach Dieting Phase 1? Kick your belly fat to the curb! It works!
There are lots of resources on old posts/groups here and if you google south beach diet phase 1. I have the original book and some cookbooks to help too!

This am I had 2 eggs, scant bacon, red peppers, zuchinni, onion scramble wrapped in two sheets of nori and green tea w a few tablespoons of whole milk. The key for me is going to the store and keeping fresh veggies and lean meats in the house. I also have a bag of stevia powder on standby for sweet cravings...

Whose done this diet before and has encouragement or wants to join my two week kick start??

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Don't know anything about it, but your breakfast sounds good!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I'm not good with rules or with limiting carbs, so I decided not to do South Beach after reading the book. But I know several people who have had good success with it. Good luck!
  • BeBeBoz
    BeBeBoz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, looking for friends that are on the southbeach diet... :smile:
  • vinceinalabama
    vinceinalabama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've had my regular doctor suggest the South Beach Diet and the 'Mediterranean diet'! More recently, however, my cardiologist recommended a diet closer towards a vegan diet with the occasional grilled fish. :)
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have been doing South Beach for years but remain on phase 1. For me it's not a diet and hasn't been in many years, it's just the way I eat. Since eating this way makes me feel good, it's easy.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm not good with rules or with limiting carbs, so I decided not to do South Beach after reading the book. But I know several people who have had good success with it. Good luck!

I am the same way. I studied the SB diet and agreed with enough of it to influence my personal diet but I don't need any rules that are not my own.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Last time I was in South Beach my diet was mostly mojito based.