Tall Women Unite!

Options
Hello!!
I am 6 ft tall and my SW was 240. I felt terrible and was eating crap food. I started MFP and running about two months ago and I’m now down to 217!!! I feel like I’ve built a decent amount of muscle, but I’m still not done losing fat. I would like to get down to a muscular 180. I’m a lot happier with my stomach and legs, but my arms are terrible!! I was thinking of using light wrist weights while running

Where are my tall girls at?! Where are you at in your journey? Share your current successes or struggles!

Replies

• 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm 5'8" so I guess that's short comparatively. Ha!
  • MekaShawnte
    MekaShawnte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10 and my starting weight was 253. I was exercising and eating right but my weight didn't start to drop until my son stopped nursing and now I'm down to 230. My weight loss has slowed down a bit but I'm losing inches, so I won't complain. My first goal is to break 200 and overall get down to 180. I do aerobics, strength training, run and sometimes attend boot camp classes. I have a long way to go but I am very happy about my progress so far.

By the way, you're doing an awesome job. Keep up the great work and you'll be seeing 180 in no time!
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hey! 6'1'' here. Started at 231lbs and got down to 180 in about a year. Since then I've been trying to keep at a deficit to lose 10-15 lbs more, but have been losing inches instead. I do strength training 4 times a week. I am loving the way my body looks with some muscle definition on it! Much more flattering than the rail thin goal I had in mind when I started.

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on your journey!
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I’m just shy of 6’ and I started logging in March. I wanted to lose about 10lbs and I’ve lost about 6lbs, now I’m more interested in gaining muscle.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'11. Celebrated my 5th year of keeping 80 pounds off without regain last month.

I didn't have much of a struggle while losing weight. In fact, being tall and active meant being able to eat a lot of calories. That was/is such a great advantage!

When I was losing I remember staying at a size 12 which seemed like forever. Even though I was losing weight and inches it took quite sometime to move to a size 10. I eventually got there however, but that was frustrating.

My small issues came more once I hit maintenance. I was overweight most of my life so I was happy to be at a normal size and proud of myself of my transformation. However in the back of my mind I was worried the weight will come back.

Also it was an interesting experience adjusting to my new body. I had bones in places I've never seen. I could put my foot on the chair and easily paint my toenails. I would catch my reflection in a window or mirror and not recognize the woman I was seeing.

Over time I just kept working hard, adapted to my new lifestyle and everything became my new normal.

Now I've been a great place for years now and maintaining very nicely. I'm still working hard everyday to stay fit and to keep the weight off though.

Keep going strong. This process takes a lot of time, patience, determination and consistency. But believe me, the hard work is so worth it!