Want a body like Jessica Biel?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    keep in mind not everyone WANTS to be fit.

Some people just don't want to be fat.

And it's fair and reasonable to let them have that. I personally don't like that idea- but it is what it is.

I don't consider either of the Jessica's to be a "fitness model" but they have amazing bodies- I wouldn't WANT that body- it is too small for me. And that's okay.

But just because people want that body doesn't mean anything wrong if it's not necessarily a fit or un fit body- maybe just a not fat one. That's okay too.

Jessica Alba's disorders are a different story all together- one could still have that body without that- so i don't think the two are necessarily combined.

Although nom nom nom I want to keep Jessica Alba in my bed- she's gorgeous.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a body like Jessica Biel's. I keep it in the fridge, but it's starting to smell.

Hahahaha!!!!
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can understand everything he's saying, but I'm still scared to lift. As a female who is 5 foot 9, the idea of doing something that might challenge my femininity is a real mental block.

There's nothing about lifting that will harm your gender identity. It's not about being manly, it's about fitness and health! I say go for it.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Baby-monkey-wants-mom-hug.gif

I love this, --AND YOU-- soooo much!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Yes, but my wife won't let me have one.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I do find the 8-15 rep thing interesting. I can't progress with weights at that high rep. It just never seems to get easier. It's probably a mental thing.
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great article. I'm yet another girl who'd love to have Jessica Biel's body so I definitely lift. But I also have questions about the 8-15 reps. I do sets of 5 with longish rest periods, and I like it fine. No tears at all.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Great article. I'm yet another girl who'd love to have Jessica Biel's body so I definitely lift. But I also have questions about the 8-15 reps. I do sets of 5 with longish rest periods, and I like it fine. No tears at all.

Same here. And that's why I love lifting at home... I can grab a book and read a page or two between sets and no one will complain that I'm hogging the equipment. At the gym, though, I felt funny about longer rests between sets.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The girl is bad! I picked her as my number one choice for a body that I would want. Blade Trinity was not a good movie but her doing martial arts moves during the subway scene was nice!
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Same here. And that's why I love lifting at home... I can grab a book and read a page or two between sets and no one will complain that I'm hogging the equipment. At the gym, though, I felt funny about longer rests between sets.

Man, what I'd give to be able to read, snack, or just lie down between sets. Alas, I have to work out with people at a gym. Huge sigh.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    20130523_235552_zps9b6eae21.jpg[/URL]

20130523_235540_zpsb1080535.jpg

648369d6-547d-4033-9fa4-65d5a0566910_zpsf1006730.jpg[/URL]

1374102070551_zps517008c8.jpg
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    jessica biel is so hot
  • eryquem
    eryquem Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The irony is that Jessica Biel's actual workout routine is a well rounded blend of cardio, bodyweight exercises (as well as incorporating dumbells), and yoga.

Even though the only way to get a body like hers is to lift heavy.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The irony is that Jessica Biel's actual workout routine is a well rounded blend of cardio, bodyweight exercises (as well as incorporating dumbells), and yoga.

Even though the only way to get a body like hers is to lift heavy.

lulz

Are you her personal trainer?
  • eryquem
    eryquem Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    She's trained by Jason Walsh. And both he and Jessica have talked with the press about what she does for exercise.

This page goes into detail: http://www.popworkouts.com/jessica-biel-workout-secrets-thin/
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    She's trained by Jason Walsh. And both he and Jessica have talked with the press about what she does for exercise.

This page goes into detail: http://www.popworkouts.com/jessica-biel-workout-secrets-thin/

"Celebrity trainer Jason Walsh has Jessica Biel do weight training, but keeps it light so that she doesn’t get big muscles."

"We tend to use lighter weights and do more reps. We keep moving so it becomes a cardio workout, too."

HAHAHA

Irony indeed...what an interesting twist to the story...so what are we supposed to think now????

Now I don't know what to believe about Jessica Biel. Maybe the grand truth will only be revealed when we find out how much she can deadlift. :tongue:
  • wannabeadancer27
    Options
    I can understand everything he's saying, but I'm still scared to lift. As a female who is 5 foot 9, the idea of doing something that might challenge my femininity is a real mental block.

What does height have to do with it?

growing up half a foot taller than all of the boys and being told by society that women are supposed to be shorter and smaller than men in order to be "cute" can make one develop a complex.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

"Celebrity trainer Jason Walsh has Jessica Biel do weight training, but keeps it light so that she doesn’t get big muscles."

"We tend to use lighter weights and do more reps. We keep moving so it becomes a cardio workout, too."

HAHAHA

Irony indeed...what an interesting twist to the story...so what are we supposed to think now????

Now I don't know what to believe about Jessica Biel. Maybe the grand truth will only be revealed when we find out how much she can deadlift. :tongue:

You do realize that lighter and more are all relative right?

Ferruggia suggests lifting heavy but also suggests higher rep ranges (8-15 vs. 3-8) for women which you can safely assume you'd be using a lower weight to accomplish. You can also still lift in this rep range while using progressive overload and doing big compound lifts. What Ferruggia is saying and what Biel and her trainer are saying are not mutually exclusive.

Besides, anyone who lifts heavy and doesn't dilly dally between sets knows that it gets your heart pumping which is a cardiovascular benefit. Biel and her trainer were very vague based on the quotes you posted. And you also have to realize that rarely are lift big and eat articles big sellers in women's fitness magazines... solid advice is found in much better places... like men's fitness magazines. Or sites like Jason's, Bret's, Nia Shanks, Sohee Lee, etc.

Ferruggia discusses how much editors censor what's written in fitness articles:

"I once wrote an article for a female fitness magazine and when I suggested that the readers increase the weight once the movement became too easy the editor I was working with freaked out.

“Isn’t there something else we can tell them other than to increase the weight?”

Yeah, tell them they should be in the kitchen, bare foot and pregnant like they belong, for Christ’s sake!"

I am beginning to doubt people's comprehension abilities or that they even read the original article.