Bananas

Options
2»

Replies

• johnslater461
    johnslater461 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Bananas dont make u fat. Peoole dont overeat bananas. I dont think its necessary to bevthat picky with their weight. I enter them on mfp based on size..if its a med sized banana its 105 calories type of deal. If its off by a bite or 2 no big deal.

Orly?

k0iyiemduvtw.jpg
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Bananas dont make u fat. Peoole dont overeat bananas. I dont think its necessary to bevthat picky with their weight. I enter them on mfp based on size..if its a med sized banana its 105 calories type of deal. If its off by a bite or 2 no big deal.

I don't weigh fruit either, because so far I haven't needed to, but if I ever became unhappy with my results I would, and I certainly wouldn't discourage someone else from doing so. Sounds like your approach is working for you, but CALORIES make people fat, regardless of whether they come from bananas, blue cheese, or brisket.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,084 Member
    Options
    I eat about 3 or 4 bananas a week and most of them in my lunchbox at work

i take the lazy way - i weighed one once, peeled, at home, and it was about the average size of the ones I eat.

Every banana since than has just been logged as that one "master banana"

I know some people like to be more accurate but this way works for me.
  • bilylusk347
    bilylusk347 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can check mfp it will tell you, i think its around 105? Or so
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    vanmep wrote: »
    Thanks for all the answers! I guess I will haul banana peels around for a bit until I get a good idea of average. Hope my coworkers don’t see my banana with writing on it :wink:

If they see it, tell them its part of an experiment: the banana has been tagged and will be released back into the wilderness sometime later that day. :tongue:
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

Um, I can overeat bananas. I love bananas and if I buy a bunch, I can eat 5 in one day. I don't buy them very often.