Looking for Keto Friends

Options
I started the keto diet this week and completely love it! I've done the low carb diet were you can't eat any fats and its 5 times a day but I think the Keto diet is freeing. I have 51 lbs to lose and so motivated to lose my weight with the support of my friends.

Replies

• kimberlysmiller65
    kimberlysmiller65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been back and forth this year with WW and Keto. Struggling to find something that can be a "lifestyle"..... how did you calculate your macros and calories?
  • jojomcinnis05
    jojomcinnis05 Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I typed in Ketos calculator. It asked for weight and age, etc. I'm trying to stay under 20 grams of carbs, on week 2 now still love it.
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Starting keto today. My brother lost 70 lbs in 7 months on it. I've already hit my goals for the day. Just drinking water and intermittent fasting til tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! I've got an extra 100 lbs I'd love to be gone. B)
  • Jackiblu2u
    Jackiblu2u Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too and need to lose 80 to hit goal. Your brothers progress is inspiring! What macros have you set for yourself? I'm going to try to stay at 10g carbs per day. Wondering if its doable.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    These two MFP groups are the place to go to find helpful keto advice and people on the diet:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • djade2477
    djade2477 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How are u guys meeting your potassium, vitamin a , calcium and iron needs on keto while still keeping your carbs below 30?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    djade2477 wrote: »
    How are u guys meeting your potassium, vitamin a , calcium and iron needs on keto while still keeping your carbs below 30?

Animal products meets those needs very well. YMMV :)

• dpanagiotakos
    dpanagiotakos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great comments about keto...I've been on keto for 2 years and lost weight...now I've switched to zero carb, basically meat and water. If compare the nutrition of meat to fruit/veggies, you consume more vitamins out of red meat than veggies....follow shawn Baker.
  • hoofman04
    hoofman04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 40 pounds on keto. Its the best weight loss and life style I think.