Brownie Recipe from last nights Losing it with Jillian

Options
jrich1
jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
Fudge Brownies
These brownies are outrageously moist and intensely chocolaty. Whip up a batch the next time you're jonesing for chocolate and you won't be disappointed.

Makes 16 two-inch squares

Ingredients

•Olive oil spray
•2/3 cup mild honey, such as clover or orange blossom
•1/3 cup natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
•1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
•1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
•1/4 teaspoon baking soda
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
•2 tablespoons olive oil
•1 large egg, at room temperature
•3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preparation

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8" square pan with olive oil. Set aside.

Place the honey in a large glass measuring cup. Microwave on high until the honey is runny and just bubbling, 45 to 60 seconds. Add the cocoa and stir with a fork until well combined. Let cool to room temperature.

Meanwhile, place the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.

In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, egg and vanilla. Whisk together until well blended. Add the honey and cocoa mixture, then whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until no traces of flour remain. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake until the surface looks dry around the edges of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, about 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Place the pan on a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing into 16 two-inch squares. Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.

Nutrition Facts:

Calories: 86.2 kcal
Fat: 2.2 g
Protein: 1.3 g
Carbohydrates: 16.0 g
Sodium: 63.6 mg

Replies

• raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to try these on the weekend! I LOVE brownies but I havent been able to find a decent low cal recipe.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    awesome im going to try those!
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy thanks!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    olive oil??? Really? That just doesn't sound good.

On a funny side note. A few years ago my husband try to surprise me by making a brownie mix. The minute I walked in the house, I knew something was wrong. I tried one of the brownies and they tasted like french fries.

My husband, God bless him, had read "vegetable oil", had bypassed the bottle canola oil because he had never heard of such a vegetable, dug into the bowels of my pantry to find a jug labeled vegetable oil, which as it turns out was my fry oil. :noway:
  • jrich1
    Options
    olive oil??? Really? That just doesn't sound good.

On a funny side note. A few years ago my husband try to surprise me by making a brownie mix. The minute I walked in the house, I knew something was wrong. I tried one of the brownies and they tasted like french fries.

My husband, God bless him, had read "vegetable oil", had bypassed the bottle canola oil because he had never heard of such a vegetable, dug into the bowels of my pantry to find a jug labeled vegetable oil, which as it turns out was my fry oil. :noway:

Olive Oil is actually good for you, I would have to rewatch the show on what it replaced, but it was a better alternative
  • IceFaith
    IceFaith Posts: 81
    Options
    These sound really good! I Love Love brownies. Topped w/ a bit of fat free vanilla frozen yogurt and it would be fantastic...lol
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    bump
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    bump
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    thanks!!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Thank you thank you!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Oh my, thank you for posting this! I was going to look up the recipe today! They looked so tasty!
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Brownies are my weakness.
  • slg334
    slg334 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you:) I was watching last night's show and I told myself I was going to the nbc website to find the ingredients. Now I don't have to.
  • jrich1
    Options
    If 16 of them is my daily calorie intake, you think if I ate only one pan a day I could still lose weight? :o)
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If 16 of them is my daily calorie intake, you think if I ate only one pan a day I could still lose weight? :o)

This REALLY made me LOL! Too funny.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    GONNA DEFINITELY MAKE THESE... SO YUMMY... I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE CHOCOLATE AND BROWNIES ARE MY FAVORITE!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy-thanks for sharing :)
  • nort0186
    nort0186 Posts: 33
    Options
    bump