Keto or no keto?

Options
124»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    DerekVTX wrote: »
    I did Low Calorie with lots of exercise and lost 90 lbs over 18 months. The first 60 lbs came off in 30 weeks, then the rate of loss slowed down significantly. I maintained a weight of 180 to 190 for a two years but had to continue to keep my calories low in the 1500 range to maintain. I found I was always cold, especially my extremities. My resting heart rate was down into the low 50 bpm. I am convinced I had slowed my metabolism down.

Despite maintaining my low calories I did eventually gain 35 lbs back over the past 2 years and often cold. I started Keto 3 months ago and I have dropped 20 lbs, extremities and body are always warm now so I actually believe that I have been able to help reset my metabolism.

My daily calories are around the same as before when maintaining and slightly gaining......but now I am dropping weight again so I figure there has to be something to it. I feel that Low Calorie for too long of a time certainly can slow your metabolism.

Also there sure are a lot of experts on here who are quite quick to dismiss the Ketosis. There is a science to it, and personally I would recommend it to anyone especially if you have been on Low Calorie for an extended period of time.

There's science... and then there's blogs and money grubbers pretending to be science who are luring desperate people with outlandish claims.

Are you referring to his experience? I did not see any diet brands named. Just a change in macronutrients percentagesand a continued success story.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DerekVTX wrote: »
    Also there sure are a lot of experts on here who are quite quick to dismiss the Ketosis. There is a science to it...

You're right, there most certainly is: http://sciencedrivennutrition.com/nail-low-carb-coffin/