4 months weight lifting progress- before & after :)

I've finally stuck with something for more than 3 weeks during this up and down weight in college. I'm 4 months in and just want to share my journey!!:) I've been doing weight lifting 5 times a week and cardio/LISS 3-4 times a week. MFP has been amazing with motivation!!

ehi8mmg6tqez.jpeg

g1e152u8k49j.jpeg

My next task is to find a program. I've been writing down random things for each muscle group, and it's helped so far, but don't have a specific weight program. Any suggestions?

Post your transformation!!:) i love seeing people's journey.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Congrats on your success, you look fantastic!!

Here is a list of lifting programs you can check out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Congrats on your success, you look fantastic!!

Here is a list of lifting programs you can check out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Definitely use one of the programs in the link shared here rather than making up your own. You look fantastic, congratulations!
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Good job!
  • jshaw2025
    jshaw2025 Posts: 61 Member
    Wow that's amazing! Great work!
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    That's incredible!
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Yassss! I just turned into a 'young' person :D Amazing, just my type of figure I am after, you look wicked.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Congrats you look great!
  • EatLikeAHuman
    EatLikeAHuman Posts: 30 Member
    How tall are you? Your SW is similar to mine, this is very inspiring.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Holy smokes!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    Great job!! Nice guns!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Great job! You look fabulous!! Take a look at Strong Curves. Sardelsa who posted above, got some great results with it. It is by Brett Contreras. Another one that I recently started is P.H.U.L. by Brett Contreras. I'm really liking it!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member

Same! How tall are you? :)
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member

I am 5’7! :)
  • KaleiAlanaSmith

Same! How tall are you? :)

I’m 5’7 :smiley:
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    mmapags wrote: »
    Great job! You look fabulous!! Take a look at Strong Curves. Sardelsa who posted above, got some great results with it. It is by Brett Contreras. Another one that I recently started is P.H.U.L. by Brett Contreras. I'm really liking it!

Oooo okay!!! I’ll check it out :smiley:
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Glad you stuck with weight lifting & I hope you continue to enjoy it
    <---Also yoyo'd anywhere from 140-210 lbs during adolescence before making fitness a part of my lifestyle
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Amazing progress! :smile: wtg!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Nice work. Can really see your face in the "before" but you can see "body language". Your after pic is awesome....very confident and very sexy. That grin is all - telling. Keep on, keeping on.

Not to be buzz kill.....but those newbie gains will stop at some point. Everyone is different....so, you have another two months - six months and then things will hit the brakes. That simply means that the gains will take a bit longer. Just be mentally ready for that. Again, not being buzz kill....just trying to prepare you for that day so that you do panic and freak out and find that comfort food!

Awesome work!!!!
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Nicely done!
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2018
    Nice work. Can really see your face in the "before" but you can see "body language". Your after pic is awesome....very confident and very sexy. That grin is all - telling. Keep on, keeping on.

Not to be buzz kill.....but those newbie gains will stop at some point. Everyone is different....so, you have another two months - six months and then things will hit the brakes. That simply means that the gains will take a bit longer. Just be mentally ready for that. Again, not being buzz kill....just trying to prepare you for that day so that you do panic and freak out and find that comfort food!

Awesome work!!!!

Sooo...you want her to panic? :smile:

Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yes, sir! Better now than when it actually happens. Then she will look fondly back on this day and recall, "Ah! This is what that a$$wipe meant!" LOL! :-)