100 Squats, push ups, and sit ups a day

Options
Sarahr73
Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
I decided to start the 100 squats a day for 30 days challenge. Because I’m a go getter, I’m adding in push ups and sit ups as well. Anyone want to join? I’m starting today. I’m going to do before and after measurements as well.
Also, if you need to do push ups on your knees or assisted on an exercise ball, that is ok. As long as you are able to do regular push ups by the end of the month.

Replies

• jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jibeirish
    Options
    Day 1 done :)

Starting measurements:
    Upper Arm (L): 12 inches
    Chest: 37 inches
    Waist: 38 inches
    Hips: 40 inches
    Upper Thigh (L): 22 inches
  • Elfinnyx
    Elfinnyx Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Day 1 done!

Upper Arm (L): 9 inches
    Chest: 32 inches
    Waist: 25.5 inches
    Hips: 32 inches
    Upper thigh (L):20
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sure. Should be interesting!

Upper Arm: 11 inches
    Chest: 31 inches
    Waist: 26 inches
    Hips: 35 inches
    Upper thigh: 20 inches
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    My starting measurements are below. I’ve also completed my 100/100/100 for today. One day down! We got this!

Thighs- R 26”, L 26.5”
    Arms- R 12.25”, L 12.5”
    Hips- 45”
    Chest- 37”
    Waist- 34.25”
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    Good morning! Day two of the challenge. I know my legs are a little sore today, how about yours? If you are wondering how to stretch your quads, the pigeon pose works wonders for that. Get them stretched out this morning before exercising to make sure you don’t hurt yourselves. Good luck on day two! We got this!
  • peppermintcaroline
    Options
    Mostly my arms from the push ups yesterday... 20% done with today's, rest will have to wait until after work. And we will probably do sit ups and push ups (and maybe squats) at martial arts tonight so I can add those in. And then Wednesday I will really be kicking myself XD
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    Awesome job peppermintcaroline!
  • Elfinnyx
    Options
    My legs are okay, I'm mostly feeling it in my arms, upper body is definitely my weakness! Day two is done, sit ups, squats and push ups are a good way to break up a study day!
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    I think you’re ahead of the curve today Elfinnyx! I’m not too far behind, but I won’t be finishing sit ups and push ups until tonight. Great job on being a go getter this morning!
  • jibeirish
    Options
    Day 2 done :)
    My abs and arms were a bit sore today after yesterday's challenge, it felt good because it's been a while since I felt sore after a workout, I tend to think if it feels a little sore afterwards then it's working... did the 100 Press-ups and my 7 yr old son joined me (he is so much better at Press-ups than me) I added a 30lb kettlebell to my squats (really got the heart-rate going) and did a plank (4mins 28secs) 50 leg lifts and 30 oblique twists instead of sit-ups :smiley:
  • peppermintcaroline
    Options
    Day 2 done. Really kicking me on top of work and kempo class.
  • jnowak21
    jnowak21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm down! That is a lot of pushups - but, I'll do it!
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    Day three! I know my legs are sore. The squats are what’s killing me in this challenge. I hope you are all ready for 100 more of each!
  • Elfinnyx
    Options
    Day three done! I found push-ups easier today, I think maybe my body has remembered what they are! Admittedly I’m still doing them on my knees, I’m going to build up to 100 full pushups, aiming for 5 tomorrow. I do Pilates sit-ups because I feel it more in my abs and it’s less strain on my back.... I was feeling my abs this morning after yesterday’s challenge and gym session!

Jibeirish, that’s an impressive plank time!
  • peppermintcaroline
    Options
    50% done today... push ups are killing my arms.
  • jibeirish
    Options
    Thank you @Elfinnyx it's taken ALOT of practice to get that time :smiley:

Day 3 done! My arms are dead from all these push ups but I am improving I managed 30 full push ups today the rest were done from my knees, my upper body strength is getting better slowly but surely.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I will do 100 pushups on my knees. I know that there are different ways to place your hands in order to reach certain muscles; I'll have to look them up.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    jibeirish wrote: »
    Thank you @Elfinnyx it's taken ALOT of practice to get that time :smiley:

Day 3 done! My arms are dead from all these push ups but I am improving I managed 30 full push ups today the rest were done from my knees, my upper body strength is getting better slowly but surely.

Awesome job on planks! I agree!
    I can do one minute or a little over that. It took me a month to work up.