Stuck and about to cry...

Options
2»

Replies

• PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    So I got like 8 "woos" but i said the same thing everyone else is saying, why you hating. MyFitnessEnemies

Eh, Looks like everyone who had any decent advice to add, got a woo. *shrug* whaddyagonnado?
    So I got like 8 "woos" but i said the same thing everyone else is saying, why you hating. MyFitnessEnemies

Eh, Looks like everyone who had any decent advice to add, got a woo. *shrug* whaddyagonnado?

I think MFP needs to rename this one. I still have no idea what it means. Some people think it means "woo hoo", some people think it means "junk science". I just don't use it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    weigh your food, not measure with cups and such. it can make all the difference in the world
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    Options

It's up to 13 woos now. I did not push that button. I suggest your use of the phrase "macro ratio" in the first sentence triggered most of them. That's an advanced topic and this is a beginner discussion.

Yes but can’t ratio be turned into percentage and mfp gives you percentages? I think people see a lot of woos already and they like to follow along and think well if everyone else thought it was a kinky post then it must be. Some people don’t think hormones have an impact on weight loss. That’s okay but when I’ve done lab work and seen physical results and trying to give valid advice, the woos make it seem something not credible. That defeats the purpose of a lot of work I’ve put into this then
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I've looked at you diary and the macro ratio seem to be a bit off, protein is good, fat is a little high for what your carbs are at. It is also inconsistent! a few adjustments and you'll be fine. Could be a hormonal issue too. fat loss has a lot of factors, calories and hormones being big influences. Too many spikes in insulin wont allow you to target fat. Insulin acts as a inhibitor for fat to brake down. Check foods with low insulin spike via glycemic index

Macro percentages and insulin have NOTHING to do with fat loss and only a very small impact on scale weight(water) loss/retention.

Calories are the only factor that matters for weight loss.
    I've looked at you diary and the macro ratio seem to be a bit off, protein is good, fat is a little high for what your carbs are at. It is also inconsistent! a few adjustments and you'll be fine. Could be a hormonal issue too. fat loss has a lot of factors, calories and hormones being big influences. Too many spikes in insulin wont allow you to target fat. Insulin acts as a inhibitor for fat to brake down. Check foods with low insulin spike via glycemic index

Macro percentages and insulin have NOTHING to do with fat loss and only a very small impact on scale weight(water) loss/retention.

Calories are the only factor that matters for weight loss.

Well I hate to tell you this, but you’re slightly wrong. You’re telling me that sleep, stress and excercise have nothing to do with fat loss? I’m just going to eat 2000 calories made up of carbs and let’s see if I can burn all that off without any of it getting stored as fat. Maybe for some people sure. Insulin actually stores carbs...I don’t know if you knew that tho. Once they become stored as fat, it becomes a little more difficult to break down fat, also didn’t know if you knew that. Please do your research!

If only someone or several someone's had done practical experiments on the subject.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-lose-weight-eating-only-mcdonalds-2015-10

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

And in a few minutes someone will post a link to one done by an MFP member.

D'ya mean this one?
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1

I creep it in the hopes of pictures from the OP...
    (Hey! A girl has got to have a hobby :tongue: )
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    3v9i3oupddzh.jpg

OMG THANK YOU! @chissmichi just keep experimenting. We can only give what we think is advice. Good luck to you :)
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    As others have said, your logging needs to tighten up.
    Food scale, weigh everything but liquids.
    No more quick adds, even if you have to guesstimate a little because of eating out or whatever.. better to do that or use the restaurant's website nutrition info than to just throw a number in there.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I love it: MyFitnessEnemies! This and the body flushing is entertaining. (No offense to anyone, I'm just having a good laugh).
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    frogmommy wrote: »
    I found this to be a very interesting video about weighing food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU

Wow! That was eye-opening! I did a year or so of weighing, but now I've been eye-balling and I'm guessing that I'm over more often than not. Not by a lot, but as he said, "It adds up over the course of the day." Might be better to over-estimate those times I have to guesstimate.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

It's up to 13 woos now. I did not push that button. I suggest your use of the phrase "macro ratio" in the first sentence triggered most of them. That's an advanced topic and this is a beginner discussion.

Saying someone’s fat is too high compared to their carb intake is woo because macro balances are individual. I get 50% of my calories on average from fat. It works for me.