Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    nettiklive wrote: »
    nettiklive wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Go to a high end department store. Ask for help finding a swimsuit. LISTEN to the salesperson (because they work on commission as well as a base salary/wage, they really want to make a sale and aren't going to show you stuff that isn't flattering to you). Try the suits recommend on..... Even if you don't plan on buying anything, you'll get a really good idea of what cuts look best on your body. Swimsuits are like any other piece of clothing, different styles flatter different bodies.

I appreciate all the shopping advice you guys, but finding a swimsuit isn't the issue, I have several very flattering swimsuits at home (all of them with a lot of coverage though), I love shopping and fashion so I know how to mask trouble spots and all that! However what I was really hoping to work towards is having a body that doesn't NEED any masking, lol, where I COULD just put on a cheap Target bikini and look great! This particular suit was just a random one I took a picture in, but really the upsetting thing about trying all of them was seeing the parts NOT covered by the suit, and all the bits that are still flabby and bigger than I'd like and how far I am from my goal still, and also realizing that I may never attain that attractive body shape I really want because I'm limited by my bone structure :( I would be happy with a body kind of like Rachel Bilson, who has a similar build, but her waist and torso is still so much narrower. I can't even tell if I would eventually get there by losing more fat, or if this is as small as it gets

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gEYizb3IinI/UZRc0D-eAeI/AAAAAAAAABQ/FV427nV9mws/s1600/FFN_g_51069907.jpg

She has more body fat than you. I suspect some body dysmorphia...

not saying she doesn't, it may be just distributed differently. This is why I'm not sure if losing more fat or building muscle will help me much. I have seen plenty of women who are not super skinny yet have that firm, smooth, narrow look that I want.
    This is what's annoying me so much - I kind of bought into the whole fitness/ transformation industry message that if you lose enough fat, you'll get that perfect dream shape, or at least close to it. Turns out that's not quite true.

"That perfect dream shape" has more to do with genetics than anything else - except in the case of celebrities/internet personalities, where Photoshop has as much or more to do with it.

You can be the best "you" possible, but you can't be somebody else. You can change the amount of bodyfat and/or muscle you have, but you can't change your skeletal structure, nor your muscle origin/insertion points, etc.