This is brilliant :) well done you!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well done! I watched part of a show last night and talked about the 5:2 diet being helpful for reducing risk of certain cancers and diseases. Not a big fan of fasting, but if it does that, I'm intrigued!
  • P4arv
    P4arv Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi and well done and such an inspiration. I've been on the same 5:2 diet since February 2013 and up until today have lost 82 lbs or 5 stone 10 lbs or 37.2 kg's. I also am on the same med's as you but what really bothers me is where was this diet 5 years ago...lol. Anyway just to say just keep persevering and the six pack will be there.
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Topic: 8 months on the 5:2 diet - progress

WELL DONE MY FRIEND
  • ColdKarmaGrl
    ColdKarmaGrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    All - I have been doing the 5:2 diet - well of a kind - i have actually been doing the alternate day fasting version of it - I have lost almost 86lbs or 39kg for us Europeans...I have lost 15 inches from my waist and 18 inches from my chest...

but the even better bit is the reduction in meds for my diabetes - I have gone from taking Citagliptin, Glyclazide, 3 x 850 metformin and victoza injection to now being just on 2 x 850 metformin - I have also had removed two blood pressure tablets out of the 4 different ones i used to take

To those who are trying this diet please persevere - it does work - along with regular exercise..

264s1ed.jpg

You look amazing, and congrats on the reduction of meds!!!!

I was just wondering what kind of job you do? My husband is Type II Diabetic and trying the 800 cal/day diet, but he has a very physical job. Thought maybe the 5:2 would be better for him, so he could eat healthy but normally during the week. Any advice would be appreciated. :)
  • anabellarella
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Well done :)
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    wow what a transformation!!
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    bump for later
  • errantbehavior
    errantbehavior Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic- an inspiration! :D
  • beejpowers
    beejpowers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How does your version work? You said alternate day fasting. Is that literally no food Monday, Wednesday & Friday?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!