So far so good...

I joined MFP in July 2016 and spent the next 10 months wasting time and barely committed to logging but managed to lose about 10 lbs and finally find just that little bit of confidence that I needed to take it to the next level - full commitment to logging and trying to stay under.

At my highest weight I was 410 lbs and barely able to walk. I avoided socializing and spent most of my time sitting alone, eating and drinking myself towards an early grave. So many of my thoughts about myself at that time were extremely negative. Self loathing, depression, suicide, guilt, shame - these were always playing in the back of my mind.

When I started on full commitment mode I had a lot to learn and I made a lot of mistakes. But slowly changing what I ate, how I cooked and working to increase my activity level from zero to something - anything - started to work! I started to gain confidence and see that every time I avoided temptation I was winning. It's not about the war, it's about the outcome of each little battle that you have with yourself, with temptation.

I've gotten this far with some wonderful family - who patiently walked my pace as I slowly gained strength and ability; my MFP friends - who motivated, inspired and encouraged me; and with a heck of a lot of patience.

I am so grateful that I found this tool and the amazing community connection. I am so grateful to my body for healing itself and accepting my gradual changes - and doing what it's supposed to do by shedding the fat. I have gained hope, confidence, energy and my most favourite of all - the knowledge that I am capable. I can. I will. I am strong. I am worthy of health, happiness and a fulfilling life.

Thank you

And now on to the next 100!

Replies

• elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Wow, I mean wow! What an incredible difference and progress! I'm so glad to hear you've made this decision and am thrilled with what you've done so far! Keep it up, we're all with you, you're awesome!
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    That is an inspiring story! Congratulations on the what you have done so far, you look fantastic!
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    congrats on your weight loss, fabulous job! Keep at it, you can do it!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Beautiful!! You are so amazing and SO WORTH IT!!
  • maxtzis1
    maxtzis1 Posts: 3 Member
    Amazing
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Thank you. Your story will help me and, I'm sure, many others. It must feel good to be able to do more--and that alone can be so motivating. I know that getting back to exercising regularly was hard, but being able to do a little bit made me want to be able to do more. Good luck with your next goal.
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 12 Member
    So inspiring, thank you for sharing!
  • SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    Thank you so much for the lovely comments and support!!!
  • Forschlerla
    Forschlerla Posts: 9 Member
    You look great !! What a inspiration you are !!!
    You go girl !!
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • LuvUbutGoodbyeCarbs
    LuvUbutGoodbyeCarbs Posts: 23 Member
    Great work so far!!!
  • ghfull
    ghfull Posts: 10 Member
    So happy for you and your commitment to make your life the best it can be. I love that your family is there to support you. I'm looking forward to reading about your continued success.
  • glorian13vazquez498
    glorian13vazquez498 Posts: 29 Member
    Wow awesome job! You’re beautiful! God bless you.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    You're approach is really inspiring. Yes, it reaklly comes down to the little daily battles with temptation and being honest with ourselves. You look fantastic in your "after" pic, and I have no doubt, you'll reach your next goal(s). Thanks for sharing <3
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    You are awesome! Keep doing what you're doing!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Oh my goodness I'm so happy this got bumped today so I could read it! What a beautiful story of strength and family and love for yourself and others. You made my day and strengthened my resolve too. <3
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Amazing story and weight loss and you should feel proud of yourself by what you have and can achieve
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    amazing! great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!