Maybe it's just me...

Options
I understand that weight loss is a very emotional journey. If you've been big all of your life, you're going to be a little sensitive about being criticized.

I'm not one of those big women.

I am looking for more friends (I have a great foundation of friends here already) who don't mind getting some suggestions when needed. I'm not talking about nagging. I'm talking about good criticism. I really want my friends to keep me on my toes, too. If I'm not eating well, call me out on it. If one of my macros looks crazy, go for it...say something. I want to be able to know that I am doing the best that I can. I want to be able to help my MFP friends to do the same.

I want motivational, supportive, thick-skinned people. Lol. Kind of like me. Sarcasm is a plus. Love of pizza is a big plus, too. Oh, and ice cream.

(Please no 1200 calorie people or the like. I don't think I can help you if you can't help yourself.) I really am a nice person, I swear. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    No more drama, please! I think you've been a great and very supportive online friend. It never hurts to get a second opinion on what you're doing. I did the wrong things for years trying to lose weight. I've done extensive research and talked to quite a few people about personal experiences and that information has been extraordinarily valuable. We are mostly here to lose weight and, while it helps to have a shoulder to lean on, if someone is messing up, it's difficult not to speak up. Maybe you're wrong or maybe there is a legitimate reason but let's not be so dramatic and get so upset about it. We are adults, aren't we??? Now, let's get back to work and lose those pounds!
  • katdell
    katdell Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi there... Im a bit like you I dont mind getting some suggestions about what im eating or what my exercise is like too... this keeps me on my toes too! Add me if you would like?

And just one more thing.... i dont eat 1200 cals either.. I used to until I found out that was why I wasnt losing any weight....my body thought it was starving lol... Im now eating more and enjoying the food I have too!!
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    What drama? I'm asking for more friends like me. I don't see the drama in that. I've actually been meaning to extend my friends list anyway for some time. I've been clearing out my list and want to add more people that have similar minds.

ETA: Added you! ^ :)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    What drama? I'm asking for more friends like me. I don't see the drama in that. I've actually been meaning to extend my friends list anyway for some time. I've been clearing out my list and want to add more people that have similar minds.

ETA: Added you! ^ :)

Darn it, I always say it the wrong way... I don't mean drama from you. I've seen the posts and I know the incidents you're talking about and it seems like someone was just wanting attention and created drama to get it. THAT is what irks me.
  • sealevels
    Options
    OH! I sent you a message, ignore it. I'm having a no-good, dirty rotten day. :(

(it wasn't bad though, lol. I just took your response the wrong way.)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    what do you mean about 1200 calorie people?:indifferent:
  • lindabates31
    lindabates31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    im on the 1200 cal diet as suggested by mfp ?? is that bad?..........confused.com:glasses:
  • sealevels
    Options
    Not very delicious. :(
  • sealevels
    Options
    im on the 1200 cal diet as suggested by mfp ?? is that bad?..........confused.com:glasses:
    I personally think it's too low, unless you're female and really tiny. I'm really NOT trying to be pushy with my stance, though. If you choose to eat that way, fine. I just find it triggering.
  • hollyscofield7
    hollyscofield7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What do you mean no 1200 calorie people and the comment about helping themselves. I'm under 1,000 way lower. Trying to get things balanced out, but I've reprogrammed myself from probably damn near 2,000 in April to like 500 now. Trying to find a balance but it's surpisingly hard.
  • lindabates31
    lindabates31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you weigh to begin with ive 2 stone to lose and that is what mfp suggests!
  • TaylorMade5717
    TaylorMade5717 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I need someone to give me that kick in the butt every now and then. Feel free to add me :)
  • sealevels
    Options
    What do you mean no 1200 calorie people and the comment about helping themselves. I'm under 1,000 way lower. Trying to get things balanced out, but I've reprogrammed myself from probably damn near 2,000 in April to like 500 now. Trying to find a balance but it's surpisingly hard.
    I do not wish to have potential undereaters on my feed. It's a trigger for me and I avoid adding people with low calorie goals because of this.

Linda, I wish you the best on your weight loss journey.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Are you saying you are eating 500 calories a day???? That is WAY too low and potentially dangerous. Your body needs fuel for basic functions and if you are trying to survive on 500 calories a day, it ain't gonna work.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Exactly! I am short... 1200 calories is fine for a day.. I did what you NON 1200 calorie ppl say to do and upped my calories this past year and now I am 30lbs heavier. I've went back to the 1200 and now losing weight...... so... just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for me or really anyone under 5ft! Jeeze....
  • KisforKriss
    Options
    As someone whose calorie goal is only 1340, and i eat a pretty balanced diet, and dont skip meals and also eat snacks, i see nothing wrong with a low calorie goal if you can work the numbers properly.
    Sad because ive lost a total of 66 pounds, and consider myself a pretty decent human being, and yet now ive been grouped into a cluster of people who are maybe just uneducated about how to do things properly.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well you lost me at the "no 1200 calorie people" comment. I have eaten between 1200 and 1300 calories since I started here and as you can see, I have had a fair amount of progress eating that way. I have thyroid disease and I am old, lol. Two strikes against me and if I eat more I do not lose. No idea what will happen when I reach my goal or how low I will have to stay to maintain. I'll worry about that when the time comes.
  • sealevels
    Options

Exactly! I am short... 1200 calories is fine for a day.. I did what you NON 1200 calorie ppl say to do and upped my calories this past year and now I am 30lbs heavier. I've went back to the 1200 and now losing weight...... so... just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for me or really anyone under 5ft! Jeeze....
    Sorry to hear that you don't like what I have to say. I don't see why you're getting so defensive about it. If it works for you, why should you care what I think?
  • sealevels
    Options
    As someone whose calorie goal is only 1340, and i eat a pretty balanced diet, and dont skip meals and also eat snacks, i see nothing wrong with a low calorie goal if you can work the numbers properly.
    Sad because ive lost a total of 66 pounds, and consider myself a pretty decent human being, and yet now ive been grouped into a cluster of people who are maybe just uneducated about how to do things properly.
    I think you're missing my point. I just simply do not want potential undereaters on my feed. I don't want that. If you are 250 lbs. and netting 700 calories a day, I am just better off not adding you and saving myself the trouble (or triggering). If it works for you, fine, and I never said anything about the character of anyone who ate 1200 cals/day. That's ridiculous.
  • sealevels
    Options
    Well you lost me at the "no 1200 calorie people" comment. I have eaten between 1200 and 1300 calories since I started here and as you can see, I have had a fair amount of progress eating that way. I have thyroid disease and I am old, lol. Two strikes against me and if I eat more I do not lose. No idea what will happen when I reach my goal or how low I will have to stay to maintain. I'll worry about that when the time comes.
    That's fine, and you were the nicest person about it lol. I wish you the best on your journey!