Options
2»

Replies

• rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    what do you mean about 1200 calorie people?:indifferent:
    Not very delicious. :(

Oh I totally disagree ~ I mean, fine by me if you don't want to add 1200 calorie friends, but it's not true that equals "not very delicious". Not by a long shot. I truly only eat tasty and satisfying foods.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I also need friends who will be real with me! I really dont like when someone had very unhealthy food and everyone says "good job staying under!"

not my style.....we need to help eachother make better choices
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you weigh to begin with ive 2 stone to lose and that is what mfp suggests!

I gots about 20 lbs of flab to shift, there is no way on earth I would even try and only eat 1200 cals. I eat between 1800 and 3000 cals per day. I am not big and not small, around the 160 lbs mark...my BMR is 1538, so hitting that is a bare minimum for me.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Why no 1200 calorie folks? With thyroid issues I tend to HAVE to eat a bit lower.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I like your post. Request sent. :drinker:
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options

Oh I totally disagree ~ I mean, fine by me if you don't want to add 1200 calorie friends, but it's not true that equals "not very delicious". Not by a long shot. I truly only eat tasty and satisfying foods.
    *sigh* I want to delete this thread because the Attack of the 1200 calorie folks has come out. That is NOT what this thread was about.

And that's not what I meant by not very delicious.
  • sealevels
    Options
    Why no 1200 calorie folks? With thyroid issues I tend to HAVE to eat a bit lower.
    And that's fine. I'm not personally criticizing anyone's choice to eat that much. I just don't want that on my feed unless it's recommended by a doctor or whatever. My personal choice.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options

*sigh* I want to delete this thread because the Attack of the 1200 calorie folks has come out. That is NOT what this thread was about.

Well just to be clear I'm certainly not any part of a 'attack of the 1200 calorie folk' LOL. I'm totally supportive of those who can and do eat more. Just replied my POV to your comment about "not very delicious :(". Now you've got me sincerely curious what you DID mean ;)
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    That makes sense. Yes, my doctor recommended it. :/
    And that's fine. I'm not personally criticizing anyone's choice to eat that much. I just don't want that on my feed unless it's recommended by a doctor or whatever. My personal choice.
  • littlebee26
    Options

I eat 1200 calories a day. My body is delicious :P
  • imgrateful
    Options
    No 1200 calorie people??
    That sure sounds like a challenge to me :-) ! Well, I'm a "1200 calorie person", and I am on your feed. I am 46, I have thyroid issues, high cholestoral, high blood pressure and a family history of diabetes, heart disease and stroke. My doctor wants me to get rid of 30 pounds- for my health. Calorie control is essential for maintaining your health. Still disagree? Read it again. BTW, it's best to remember food should be consumed for fuel. And this should really annoy you. I work out at least an hour a day, since that's what you need after you hit 45.
  • sealevels
    Options

Well just to be clear I'm certainly not any part of a 'attack of the 1200 calorie folk' LOL. I'm totally supportive of those who can and do eat more. Just replied my POV to your comment about "not very delicious :(". Now you've got me sincerely curious what you DID mean ;)
    I thought she was saying something about people made up of 1200 calories. You know, like candy. Not delicious at 1200 calories!

I'm weird. LOL.
  • sealevels
    Options
    No 1200 calorie people??
    That sure sounds like a challenge to me :-) ! Well, I'm a "1200 calorie person", and I am on your feed. I am 46, I have thyroid issues, high cholestoral, high blood pressure and a family history of diabetes, heart disease and stroke. My doctor wants me to get rid of 30 pounds- for my health. Calorie control is essential for maintaining your health. Still disagree? Read it again. BTW, it's best to remember food should be consumed for fuel. And this should really annoy you. I work out at least an hour a day, since that's what you need after you hit 45.
    Your intent to annoy me failed. :) I never said eat your body weight in calories. Just eat what your body needs per day. For most people, it's way above 1200 calories. Now you're medically recommended to do that, and I cannot comment on what that's like. I wish you the best of luck improving your health!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options

Well I for one totally understood your original post and your personal reasons for not wanting to add low-cal friends. I'm not sure why folks are getting their panties in a bunch over it. If (for whatever reason) you said you didn't want blonde friends from New Zealand because they are a trigger for you I wouldn't try and convince you that you're missing out. Your friends list, your business who you add.

Hope you get a good selection of folks to call you out and kick your butt! All the best on your journey.

PS. Not sending a request cos I'm one of "them". :wink: