What body shape do I have?

Options
I keep getting different results from calculators. From your pov, what is my body shape? I wanna lose 10-15 pounds I feel and look heavy for a 5'2"

9vS7Nu8.jpg
4ALl5nQ.jpg

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    You look fit to me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    What kind of body shape do you want? What aren't you happy about? What does your shape have to do with calculating your intake goals?
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    As in Somatotype? Wasn't that just a bunch of debunked rubbish?
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I keep getting different results from calculators. From your pov, what is my body shape? I wanna lose 10-15 pounds I feel and look heavy for a 5'2"

From my point of view, you look healthy. You do not look pudgy or short and stocky for your height, from the 2 photos you've posted here.

Agree with 100_Proof_. I recommend you look up 2 petite bikini bodybuilders: Sophie Aris and Sophie Gallagher. Hopefully, their sample eating plans and their select workout regimens will be enough to help you familiarise yourself with how you're to consider going about tightening up, if you're open to strength-training.
  • tinabelcherxx
    tinabelcherxx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    You look like you have an average shape?
    I'm not sure what answers you're looking for here.
    If you are unhappy with your current physique then I'd recommend beginning a progressive lifting program.
    Hi! I was talking about body shape like pear, inverted triangle, hourglass, apple, rectangle etc.. Thanks! Will look that up
    Classic hourglass.
    Thank you :)
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    You look fit to me.
    Where did you take this from? For a moment I thought you could see across into your neighbour's window.

But why does it matter? To lose weight it's the same no matter what: eat at a reasonable deficit.
    Haha outside my bathroom. How do I calculate how many cals I should eat a day to lose weight?
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What kind of body shape do you want? What aren't you happy about? What does your shape have to do with calculating your intake goals?
    I meant body shape calculator. I'm curious about what body type/shape I have. E.g. pear, inverted triangle, hourglass, apple, rectangle etc.. Not happy about my body esp my shoulders and legs, they're still pretty big. My goal is around 100 pounds
    Danp wrote: »
    As in Somatotype? Wasn't that just a bunch of debunked rubbish?
    Hmm never heard of somatotype. I meant bodyshape like pear, inverted triangle, hourglass, apple, rectangle etc..

From my point of view, you look healthy. You do not look pudgy or short and stocky for your height, from the 2 photos you've posted here.

Agree with 100_Proof_. I recommend you look up 2 petite bikini bodybuilders: Sophie Aris and Sophie Gallagher. Hopefully, their sample eating plans and their select workout regimens will be enough to help you familiarise yourself with how you're to consider going about tightening up, if you're open to strength-training.
    Thanks! I'm not particularly into bodybuilding. I just wanna get rid of fat around my legs, arms and tummy then tone and build booty.
    You have a lovely body shape.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    At 5'2 100 lbs not good, you already look healthy and fit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You don’t look like you have 10-15 lbs to lose. I’m not sure you’re seeing the same thing as we are when you look in the mirror. Are you referring to hourglass, pear, apple etc. ? If so I would say hourglass
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »

Thanks! I'm not particularly into bodybuilding. I just wanna get rid of fat around my legs, arms and tummy then tone and build booty.
    You have a lovely body shape.

The bolded is something you can do right now without needing to get down to underweight/lowest weight for your height. So your goals are not inline with more weight loss.

Follow the recomp advice above.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy (for you) weight. That's going to get you to your goal body, if I'm understanding your goals correctly.

This is what I look like after lifting heavy for about three years.

cbdbvib79zex.jpg

Check out this thread...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1

^ Exactly my case in point: NOT She-Hulk by heavy lifting. It kills me how so many people, both men and women, who think lifting heavy (for them) weights at all will turn them into Chris Hemsworth as Thor, or the Hulk.. no, it won't... not without purposely trying (very hard) to achieve specifically that look.

You'll build muscle strength, some size, burn fat, increase resting metabolism and improve joint health and overall physical performance. You'll only be better for doing it.
  • BeckyBeebs
    BeckyBeebs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Classic hourglass and you look great as you are - seriously. If you truly want to tone up, then I agree - lift weights or do circuit/hiit training. Lifting is not only good for the body but great for the confidence/ego as well.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I agree with the advice to recomp especially if your goals are to define your body and build your booty, at this point if you don't have the body composition you want it has more to do with not having enough muscle... losing more weight and becoming underweight will do the opposite of what you want.. not only will you not build your glutes but you will lose whatever you have.