Coffee lovers

Options
For the coffee lovers who just cant seem to get the black coffee thing down, use UNSWEETENED VANILLA COCONUT MILK. If you need the creaminess that half and half brings, this is the fix WITHOUT the extra calories and fat. I use 1/4 cup in my coffee every morning. 25 calories, very good macros. This is a healthy alternative to dairy products that allows me to enjoy my coffee and not worry about sabotaging my macros! Just as good as half and half to me, except without the guilt. Highly recommend giving it a try!

Replies

• Okillhavecake
    Okillhavecake Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee too,
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I use 1tbs half and half(20 cals) and Jordan skinny syrup(0cals). If I make a second cup to go, I use 2 tsp coffee mate(20 cals) and the sugar free syrup. I'm not gonna worry about those 40 calories...and Jordan makes a lot of flavors. I have hazelnut, peanut butter cup, caramel, and vanilla caramel at home. I find them at Ross for $3.99- great process for a large bottle.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1 tbsp of half and half has 20 calories. That’s what I use
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    ew. coconut milk :s
    I'll keep mine black
    also, i do not find a reason to have an alternative to dairy
  • lizzyfit2
    lizzyfit2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love the coconut milk creamer, and am CRAZY about all the guilt-free Jordans Skinny Syrup flavors! They are awesome for an exta pop of yummy to any smoothie! :D:D
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    For those who like black coffee, and those who want an alternative to using dairy etc, cold brew in the summer is awesome. Because of the amount of time the coffee is left to "brew" (around 24hrs, give or take) in cold water, the coffee is actually not acidic, quite mild and pleasant, with a major caffeine hit. There's no sugar, but it doesn't really need it. And it's pretty refreshing too :smiley:

I make cold brew coffee in a mason jar with a cloth filter. I don't even own a traditional coffee maker.

FYI, if you pop it in the microwave it's also great hot. Just because it's brewed cold doesn't mean it can't be consumed hot.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You must be aiming for different macros than I am, because 1/4 cup of dairy milk (2%) is pretty negligible in all the macros - 3g carbs, 2g protein, 1g fat and 30 cals.

Having said that, I've used a coconut milk creamer and it was yummy as well. But I don't like it in anything other than coffee, and I like dairy milk in everything else (including my tea).

Glad you found something you like!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    1 tbsp of half and half has 20 calories. That’s what I use

Same. Unless I use heavy cream. I love real dairy and the calories are worth it to me. But I. Glad the OP found something she likes as a substitute.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I use Califa Farms Unsweetened Creamer and a packet of Stevia. I don’t even miss the dairy.
  • Kevin_Hassenpflug
    Kevin_Hassenpflug Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Highlander Grog is my all time favorite
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for French Vanilla Coffeemate, and like a good bit of it in my coffee. Yeah, I know it's void of any meaningful nutritional content and not at all "good" for you (water, sugar, oils, flavors, and preservatives). I've tried soy and coconut milk instead as "better" options and just don't enjoy it the same. Months ago I made a point to start weighing the creamer I use rather than eyeball-measuring using lines on cups, etc. and combined that with an effort to cut back the amount I use to the edge of still liking the taste. I've settled on 30g/24oz total volume (the volume of the travel mug I take to work) which nets 81 cal, 12g carbs (all sugar), 3g fat per day. I can happily fit that in my day so it's good enough for me.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    julzzz_15 wrote: »
    For the coffee lovers who just cant seem to get the black coffee thing down, use UNSWEETENED VANILLA COCONUT MILK. If you need the creaminess that half and half brings, this is the fix WITHOUT the extra calories and fat. I use 1/4 cup in my coffee every morning. 25 calories, very good macros. This is a healthy alternative to dairy products that allows me to enjoy my coffee and not worry about sabotaging my macros! Just as good as half and half to me, except without the guilt. Highly recommend giving it a try!

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Target brand) has 30 calories a cup. I love coffee, don't always measure the almond milk so I just log 2 cups as a very safe buffer.
  • smeebles
    smeebles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We’ve grown quite fond of silk almond vanilla creamer. It can be hard to find though because it seems to be popular around here
  • Tonyaperry08
    Tonyaperry08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for French Vanilla Coffeemate, and like a good bit of it in my coffee. Yeah, I know it's void of any meaningful nutritional content and not at all "good" for you (water, sugar, oils, flavors, and preservatives). I've tried soy and coconut milk instead as "better" options and just don't enjoy it the same. Months ago I made a point to start weighing the creamer I use rather than eyeball-measuring using lines on cups, etc. and combined that with an effort to cut back the amount I use to the edge of still liking the taste. I've settled on 30g/24oz total volume (the volume of the travel mug I take to work) which nets 81 cal, 12g carbs (all sugar), 3g fat per day. I can happily fit that in my day so it's good enough for me.

Me too! That is the one thing that I have not given up and I do not feel bad about it lol
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    How can anything be better than fresh ground coffee beans that are not diminished by foreign ingredients??

Ah ha! And I bet that you much prefer the National League over the American League in MLB, right? I am a traditionalist, so I much much much prefer the National League!

Generally, I agree. But, I am different from most. Everyone is different (thank the good Lord).....
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    How can anything be better than fresh ground coffee beans that are not diminished by foreign ingredients??

2 serving of fresh ground and perfectly roasted coffee beans brewed into perfection.