Coffee lovers

Options
2»

Replies

• MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok, this has been confusing me lately but coconut milk..there is some in a can and there is some in refrigerated section of the grocery store. I assume you are using the refrigerated one because it's vanilla? I saw a few recipes for "lower" calorie pina colada and wasn't sure which to use. Do they taste like coconut?
  • vgentile990
    vgentile990 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Took almost a month to get used to having black coffee but know I haven’t it routinely. Except in the morning when i make a keto coffee with butter and coconut oil
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    But why would anyone not want the nutrition from milk
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    dalerst wrote: »

Cause it’s nasty in terms of what they do to the frikking cows
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    How can anything be better than fresh ground coffee beans that are not diminished by foreign ingredients??

People look at me weird of I drink cream. Coffee is and has been a delivery system for as long as I can remember.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

This is really why I have been a coffee drinker for as long as I can remember. I was born lactose intolerant and my mom figured out that if she scalded my milk with her coffee, I didn't get as sick so I could have one glass of milk a day.

After pregnancy #2, the lactose intolerance went away. I still drink cream in or half and half in my coffee.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I budget the 58 calories for my daily coffee fix (Splenda & 1 tbsp of cream). Yum. So good.
  • Forever_December
    Forever_December Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee black. That way I can appreciate the different types of coffee instead of it all tasting the same with the milk and sugar thing.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I’ve started using Premier Protein as my splurge creamer. I drink it black mostly, but when I want creamy/sweet coffee Premier Protein is great.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options

For some of us it's not that we don't want the dairy nutrients, but we can't consume dairy without some unpleasant side effects. That being said, the Silk Vanilla flavored almond coffee creamer is also quite tasty. 25 calories for 15 ml. It's creamier than almond milk, and doesn't take over the coffee taste like 1/4-1/2 cup that almond milk does...that's how it is for me at least.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee black. That way I can appreciate the different types of coffee instead of it all tasting the same with the milk and sugar thing.

@Cold_Turkey

The Sprouts bulk beans in "Morning blend" has a great nutty flavor and almost a cocoa after taste. I love coffee as well.