Ice Cream PSA!!!!

rbfdac
rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
edited May 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Ice. cream. is. my. love.

Sometimes a serving of "regular" ice cream just isn't going to cut it. I want to eat MORE and I want it to taste good! I tried to hop on the Halo Top train and I just couldn't love it like everyone else seems to. I tried the Kroger brand Halo Top- nah. I was getting closer to love with the Skinny Cow brand, but it still wasn't quite doing it.

I've now found this:

64jmuir495hj.png

and it is my new obsession. 190 calories per TUB (8 oz!) and it tastes frickin' amazing. Not hard, you don't have to sit it out on the counter to thaw before you eat it. And it has actual CHUNKS of cookie dough and whatnot in it. Lots of flavors- cookie dough, graham swirl, caramel, peanut butter/chocolate, cookies n' cream... I may sound overly excited, but it's because I am. This stuff is amazing and if you can find it at your store, you should totally get some!

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I’ve screenshotted this. Hopefully they sell this at my store
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »

Their website has a "where to buy" function. https://chillycow.com/?gclid=CMitzfjwmdsCFcLXswodOpILXw&gclsrc=ds
  • margaretlondon87
    margaretlondon87 Posts: 22 Member
    I love the chocolate brownie and mint chip ice cream bars also!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »

Their website has a "where to buy" function. https://chillycow.com/?gclid=CMitzfjwmdsCFcLXswodOpILXw&gclsrc=ds

Thanks. Turns out they do have it!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I've been looking for this but apparently, according to the store locator, it's not sold near me.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    A cow with a sweater on! Worth trying for that.

Oooh I take it back. Only sold in WalMart and Jewel in Chicago. Not gonna happen.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    but isn't it like 11 bucks a container?
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    True - I tend to look at servings per container and the weight of a serving, I didn't notice that a serving size is a tub. Maybe it does come in a 2 pack like @deannalfisher suggested.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    its at a store by me - i may check it out tonight on my way home
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    I have wanted to try Enlightenment (isnt that what its called?) but nowhere around me caries it. Halotop was good like once but there's sort of a weird texture thing =/ Maybe Walmart will have that.... We had a second grocery store in town, and they had more expensive trendier stuff, but it went out of business :disappointed: Now there's nothing but redneck food for 20 miles :#:'( Meanwhile I have small novelties or some "light" versions. My freezer is kind of dying anyway so it wrecks whatever I get anyway with ice crystals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    rbfdac wrote: »
    190 calories per TUB (8 oz!)

Looking at the nutritional information on their website it looks like each tub is 2 servings at 190 calories per serving. Important detail ;)

Actually, there are 2 tubs per one container. So one tub (159gr) is 190 calories.

Thank you. I am happy to learn that I just wasn't understanding how it was packaged. I might need to swing by the store on my way home tonight :)

• rbfdac
    rbfdac wrote: »
    190 calories per TUB (8 oz!)

Looking at the nutritional information on their website it looks like each tub is 2 servings at 190 calories per serving. Important detail ;)

Each container comes with two tubs!

It's 190 calories per TUB :)
  • rbfdac
    urloved33 wrote: »
    but isn't it like 11 bucks a container?

I'm not sure of the EXACT price, but each package comes with two tubs and I believe it's closer to $4-$5. For me, it's worth the price! :)
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Wow! I have a lot of store near me that carries this ice cream...Might give it a try. Kebby's is another ice cream that it Ketogenic friendly--expensive-but I hear rave reviews about it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    oh they already sell it at my store. hmm maybe if i can catch it on sale
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I want to try that brand. I dislike HT as well. I actually really love Enlightened. You ever try it?