Ice Cream PSA!!!!

Replies

• tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Seems like a lot of carbs in a serving. I'll just stick to these: http://smartlabel.breyers.com/product/2749367/nutrition?locale=en-US

100 calories, 11g carbs and looks like a decent ingredients list. I'm only allowed 45g of carbs/day in snacks and one tub would just about do that in for me.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Seems like a lot of carbs in a serving. I'll just stick to these: http://smartlabel.breyers.com/product/2749367/nutrition?locale=en-US

100 calories, 11g carbs and looks like a decent ingredients list. I'm only allowed 45g of carbs/day in snacks and one tub would just about do that in for me.

Nice!

I don't watch my carbs, so these are perfect for me!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    rbfdac wrote: »
    urloved33 wrote: »
    but isn't it like 11 bucks a container?

I'm not sure of the EXACT price, but each package comes with two tubs and I believe it's closer to $4-$5. For me, it's worth the price! :)

I have gotten it in the $5 - $6 range.

I liked Halo Top in the beginning when it was new, but the texture turned me off and didn't really satisfy the ice cream craving. This seams to have a better texture for me. I am not normally a chocolate fan for the base flavor of the ice cream, but the brownie one has been my favorite so far.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I've seen it but honestly that's too expensive for my taste. I'm done with Halo Top etc too... if I want ice cream, I want the GOOD stuff.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Most of the times when I have seen it- the price ranges from $4.00-$5.00 which is not bad- just like HT or enlightened. I have not tried it but I like that it is portioned out in a larger amount- would rather have the larger amount and save enough calories for it- than the small 4 oz servings. I usually double HT or enlightened. Enlightened movie night is da bomb! my favorite
  • FritoGirl4life
    FritoGirl4life Posts: 25 Member
    Yay! Saw it at my Walmart tonight but was leery. But I'll definitely be getting some next time!
  • nellypurcelly
    nellypurcelly Posts: 26 Member
    I have wanted to try Enlightenment (isnt that what its called?) but nowhere around me caries it. Halotop was good like once but there's sort of a weird texture thing =/ Maybe Walmart will have that.... We had a second grocery store in town, and they had more expensive trendier stuff, but it went out of business :disappointed: Now there's nothing but redneck food for 20 miles :#:'( Meanwhile I have small novelties or some "light" versions. My freezer is kind of dying anyway so it wrecks whatever I get anyway with ice crystals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just bought Enlightened this week, and it's good! I got the mint chocolate chip, and there was sea salt caramel at Kroger as well (I assume they would also have it at Harris Teeter, since it's the same company?). It's 80 calories per serving and sweetened with erythritol.
  • HealthyAndSober2018
    HealthyAndSober2018 Posts: 25 Member

Their website has a "where to buy" function. https://chillycow.com/?gclid=CMitzfjwmdsCFcLXswodOpILXw&gclsrc=ds

Ugh. An ice cream company using some women who absolutely would not eat the stuff boobs and butts (wtf...) to sell their product? To other women, no less. On that alone, No Thanks.

gr9ndnc576j5.png

Just cuz she has that thicc booty doesn't mean she can't have ice cream once in awhile
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    I love their salted caramel bars.
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    I wouldn't think that women who work out wouldn't also eat low calorie ice cream! It makes sense if they're trying to advertise their brand to people who want to lose weight and people who are working out and watching what they eat.
    But I absolutely love chilly cow. I've only had cookie dough but it was really good and a little less than $4 without tax at my Walmart! I like that they're in smaller containers so I can have one without getting the urge to eat a whole pint like when I buy Enlightened or Halo Top.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    asonrody wrote: »
    I wouldn't think that women who work out wouldn't also eat low calorie ice cream! It makes sense if they're trying to advertise their brand to people who want to lose weight and people who are working out and watching what they eat.
    But I absolutely love chilly cow. I've only had cookie dough but it was really good and a little less than $4 without tax at my Walmart! I like that they're in smaller containers so I can have one without getting the urge to eat a whole pint like when I buy Enlightened or Halo Top.

For me personally, the Chilly Cow brand fits my macros better than normal ice cream and still tastes great! One tub is generally about 12g protein, which is great when I need that last boost to reach my protein goal at the end of the day. (:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i eat regular ice cream every night. i just fit it in my calorie allotment
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Haven't tried this flavor, but the Chilly Cow Brownie Batter is one of my favorite low calorie ice creams to date. I've been able to find a pack of two containers here in the $3-4 dollar range on sale. Enlightened is also miles above Halo Top in my opinion (especially the Chocolate Peanut Butter... SO good), but I like the portion control with Chilly Cow. I'll have to try this new flavor because it sounds like something I'd love!
  • rbfdac

For me personally, the Chilly Cow brand fits my macros better than normal ice cream and still tastes great! One tub is generally about 12g protein, which is great when I need that last boost to reach my protein goal at the end of the day. (:

I do this same thing! I'm a vegetarian, so I use this to help me reach my protein goal!
  • rbfdac
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i eat regular ice cream every night. i just fit it in my calorie allotment

Yep, I do that when I can as well. But 8 oz of regular ice cream for 190 calories is really hard to find. This is a great option as well.

you do you!
  • rbfdac
    Haven't tried this flavor, but the Chilly Cow Brownie Batter is one of my favorite low calorie ice creams to date. I've been able to find a pack of two containers here in the $3-4 dollar range on sale. Enlightened is also miles above Halo Top in my opinion (especially the Chocolate Peanut Butter... SO good), but I like the portion control with Chilly Cow. I'll have to try this new flavor because it sounds like something I'd love!

I need to try the brownie batter one!
  • rbfdac

I need to try this Enlightened stuff as well. I had never heard of it before now.. I love the portion sizes of this Chilly Cow because it feels like you're eating a ton!