The perfect running shoe?

Help! I've tried so many didn't shoes, but always end up with the same results! can anyone tell me what is the best shoe to go running in that my feet can enjoy?? I have a high instep, size 6, my height is 5 ft 7 in. Help me pretty please!! Thank you!

Replies

• MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    I am not very tall like you and have basically no arch but I have had great experieces with Brooks and New Balance :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    31BxJjpq6xL.jpg
    http://www.amazon.com/Reebok-ATV19-Mens-Shoes/dp/B00BHOHP9M

I kid, I kid. Don't buy this monstrosity. Unless your local running shop fits you for it, which they won't. But moral of the story is the perfect running shoe is the one you are fitted for and feels good when you run.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Nike Lunarglide are my favorite!

Nike-Lunarglide-3-Black-Pink-2.jpg

They are extremely light and comfortable and breathable.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 108 Member
    Head to your local running store and ask to be fitted. They will watch you "run" and discuss your running with you then have you try several shoes. Each time you will "run" in order to see if they fit well and feel comfortable. Don't be afraid to ask a million questions! I am only saying that because the first store I went to was an awful experience (no help and made me feel like I didn't belong) but the latest one was amazing! I don't look the runner part but that latest store made me feel like one!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Definitely go to a running specialty store, preferably one where they actually have you try on MULTIPLE pairs of shoes and have you run so they can watch your gait and stride. It makes a HUGE difference. Yes, it can be more pricey, but I think it's absolutely worth it.

Everyone runs differently and has different needs, so there's never going to be just one shoe that's "perfect" for everyone. But it's quite possible to find one for you. :) Good luck!
  • Bouneschlupp
    Bouneschlupp Posts: 29 Member
    I'm a big fan of barefoot running ;-)
    It taught me that the running technique is even more important than the shoes.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Head to your local running store and ask to be fitted. They will watch you "run" and discuss your running with you then have you try several shoes. Each time you will "run" in order to see if they fit well and feel comfortable. Don't be afraid to ask a million questions! I am only saying that because the first store I went to was an awful experience (no help and made me feel like I didn't belong) but the latest one was amazing! I don't look the runner part but that latest store made me feel like one!
    No offense but it really annoys me when people always respond with this. Not everyone has a local running store. Mine is either an 8 hour ferry ride away or a 2 hour ferry ride and a 3 hour car journey so I had to find my running shoe by research and pure luck.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Mine are so good, and have solved so many problems, that having to go a ridiculous distance to get them would still have been worth it :)

(Mizuno Wave Inspire 9, for the record, available in colours that would make your eyes bleed.)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Go to a local running store (if available and get properly fitted) but myself in the warmer weather I use Newbalance 860v3 and in the cooler weather i use Brooks Ghosts GTX gortex lined.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    No, none of us can tell you.

Go get fitted. You need a shoe that works with your foot, your stride, your weight, and your mileage.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Definitely go to a running specialty store, preferably one where they actually have you try on MULTIPLE pairs of shoes and have you run so they can watch your gait and stride. It makes a HUGE difference. Yes, it can be more pricey, but I think it's absolutely worth it.

Everyone runs differently and has different needs, so there's never going to be just one shoe that's "perfect" for everyone. But it's quite possible to find one for you. :) Good luck!
    ^^ This.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    go try shoes on- no one is going to be able to help you.

Get fitted.

I <3 my vibrams- and I love running in them but they aren't for everyone.
  • BryceK67
    BryceK67 Posts: 11 Member
    Trick question, there is no universal shoe for everyone. I'd suggest going to a running store for a fitting of how you run. If you go with a cushion shoe, I'd suggest Nike Pegasus.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    I am short, but also wear a 6, very little to no arch in my foot, but high instep; asics work for me, I also pronate and they work great for me. You can do a little research in the search engines and find out how to look at your current shoes and analyze your own foot to figure out what should work for you. Also, many athletic stores will analyze your feet for you and recommend shoes so do some online searching.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    I'm a big fan of barefoot running ;-)
    It taught me that the running technique is even more important than the shoes.

So right you are.

I only wear shoes to protect my feet from abrasion. I run in NB Minimus and Merrill Vapor Gloves. I just bought the Xero Huaraches and will be transitioning to them as they have a 5,000 mile warranty.

I suffered with shin splints for years & since going minimalist, I have had no pain or injury - other then stepping on a rock (dark thirty AM) and bruising the hell out of my foot. It did hurt.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    I love my mizunos. They may or may not be the right fit for you though. I have giant feet, a neutral strike pattern, and I have a high arch.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    No offense but it really annoys me when people always respond with this. Not everyone has a local running store. Mine is either an 8 hour ferry ride away or a 2 hour ferry ride and a 3 hour car journey so I had to find my running shoe by research and pure luck.

No offense but it really annoys me when you get annoyed by someone trying to help someone else just because it doesn't apply to you. Guess what? Not everything will apply to you. Get over it.
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    i agree with getting fittted, but if that's not possible, go with Brooks. i love them,, have had lots of other brands, but none compare. i think i like my nike the least. (for running, they are fine for everything else)
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    You need to be watched while you run. I found out that I pronate outward and had a normal arch, so I had to get a show with good stability.

I went with ASICS.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member

Apologies that people giving the best advice to someone offends you. :ohwell: You do NOT want to take chances with running shoes and your feet. That is a great way to get an injury (maybe not immediately, but eventually). If my local running store wasn't 5 minutes from where I work, you can be darn sure that I would make a shopping day (or weekend) of it, and GET myself to the nearest running store (be it an 8 hour ferry ride or what).