How many guys are on here Looking to hook up?

Options

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    happens to almost everyone, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I definitely wouldn't go so far as to let a stranger make me feel disrespected, that just seems silly to me. I move on with my day.
  • Ziaki
    Ziaki Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just came back to MFP and had to recreate my account. As soon as I posted on the forums I had a guy messaging me and asking inappropriate questions, and continued to do so after I told him I was married and not interested.

My profile pic is my dogs now.
  • tlrucon
    tlrucon Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten a flirty message... I must be doing it wrong. Seriously though ladies, I wish some guys could control themselves. Gives all of us a bad image!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    It even happens to us older folk! My age is clearly posted on my profile, but I've still gotten the random hit-up message. Maybe it's my user name, IDK. Not meant to be provocative, just fun. My favorite weirdo was the guy who wanted to constantly talk about working out out nude. Eeeesh!

I just laugh about it and move on. If that kind of thing bothers you overmuch, stay away from the Chit Chat and Fun and Games forums. Those are fun people, but a little more "social" than others. I've never gotten hit-up by any frequent posters from the Recipes threads. ;)

Also, I believe they can't send you a private message unless they're on your friends list. Be careful who you accept a friend request from and if they bother you, unfriend and block.

actually they can send you messages even if not your friend. I have gotten several messages from men not on my friends list. I had to block those messages. my profile clearly says Im married but some men dont care(some women dont either so its not just men)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    It has only happened about 3 times in the five years that I have been on here and that was in the early days. I showed my husband each time and we had a good laugh about it. Then I blocked them.

Don't let it get to you hun. The world is full of idiots and most of them are now on the internet.

This is a great place for support and advice regarding diet and fitness dont let this experience stop you from using it to achieve your goals.

• pennstateproud2004
    pennstateproud2004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Soooo true.... The best is when married men (age 55 or older and lying about there age) trying to hook up with young women. What is wrong with the world today????
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    tlrucon wrote: »
    I've never gotten a flirty message... I must be doing it wrong. Seriously though ladies, I wish some guys could control themselves. Gives all of us a bad image!

WE ARE ..... (hope that is not too flirty.)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Soooo true.... The best is when married men (age 55 or older and lying about there age) trying to hook up with young women. What is wrong with the world today????

I am not married (any longer) and I am 51. I *NEVER* lie about my age. I also do not troll the forums, looking for women (of any age...). Anyway, that is just me. I will agree, though. It does seem like there are a lot of lonely, sad guys here.
  • katelouiseuk
    katelouiseuk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been on here less than a week and I've already had several just block and delete
  • pennstateproud2004
    pennstateproud2004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your a nice guy. Too bad others have to ruin it.... Sorry just needed to vent. Happened to a good MFP of mine....
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,990 Member
    Options
    its times like this i'm glad i get mistaken for a bloke!

I totally thought you were a dude. Nice!

I've never run into any issues here, but I keep my friend list to females only. I know there are some great guys on here that I really admire, but it's just easier that way. I also try to stay out of chit-chat and fun and games.

I'm sorry that happened to you OP!

The only sexual message i've received on MFP (there haven't been many; I think it helps having a gender- ambiguous name and a non-human photo) have been out of the blue, not from friends.
  • ScottCruger
    ScottCruger Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Ziaki wrote: »
    I just came back to MFP and had to recreate my account. As soon as I posted on the forums I had a guy messaging me and asking inappropriate questions, and continued to do so after I told him I was married and not interested.

My profile pic is my dogs now.

I love your profile pic, especially the beagle baby!
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    some people are rude dont let it get to u
  • donnymacd
    donnymacd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name them and shame them on here. That way everyone knows who to avoid. Simple!
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    well said mate
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,584 Member
    Options
    92df27irqcvk.gif
  • Katttie89
    Katttie89 Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    To many!! I was talking about this the other day to some one on here. I like meeting new people and making new friends along the way who have similar goals to me etc but seriously there's plenty of dating apps you could use! I've deleted loads for the same reason. So not your not taking it seriously at all. Tell them to jog on and delete them.
  • fannrod1974
    fannrod1974 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I should be able to put whatever profile pic I want without someone message me saying dirty thing's to me. Just blows my mind a man thinking it's ok to talk to me like that because it's not. Maybe I just let people get under my skin too easy. This just is not the place to be looking for a hook up. I'm not on here for that. Period. Men who talk to me like that make me sick to my stomach and
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    I've been on here less than a week and I've already had several just block and delete

That is a seriously state of affairs. This whole thing is kinda eye opening for us guys that aren't complete *kitten*.

How hard is it to not try and sleep with strangers on the internet?!

And, let's look at the Logistics....

I am in Winston-Salem, NC. How in the *kitten* am I going to hook up with someone in Dublin, Ireland? C'mon, people! Think about it!

I guess that "facetime" - for those of you with an iPhone - makes things sorta more possible. But, really? To each their own, I will say that and bring this to a close!