How to survive family dinners/ functions?

Options
13»

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I usually plan on eating at maintenance on those family get-together days, and if there is restaurant dining involved, I usually eat two meals on those days (i.e., breakfast consists of coffee).
  • Almina
    Almina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new to this and I have also discovered that the constant pain that I have had due to arthritis has been decreased considerably by avoiding grains.
    Makes keeping my calories up where they should be a bit difficult but when someone comments on how little I eat, telling them that there just are things I can't eat if I want to avoid the pain works very well and avoids a lot of explanation.
    Feel free to use this the next time someone comments on what you are eating.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I tend to overeat at parties. I tried eating something beforehand and that always backfires, I don’t end up eating less at the party. At least it doesn’t seem like it.

I try to focus on the good stuff, stuff worth the splurge to me and skip the stuff that’s not worth it. Interesting, homemade stuff that I wouldn’t normally eat.