caco_ethes wrote: »
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This is completely normal where I live. To be honest I wouldn't expect anything less where I live.

tenor.gif

haha

Doublewides are popular here. :laugh:

Doublewide was my nickname in college. :neutral:

Congratulations on then weight loss then.

:huh:

Let's try not to assume.

Sorry - In my mind, my jokes are pure comedy genius. When they're said out loud, I'm actually a moron.

Love that emoji though.

Disregard Mr Dramapants, he’s fickle

Wut

What did I ever do?

Plus also, I'm not @leut_dramapants

Oh, I wasn’t talking about you.

Let’s try not to assume, Doublewide

Hrmph

But all I ever want to do is be what's tumbling out of your mouth, doublelicious. :bigsmile:

You’ll be happy to know that I mumble your name under my breath as many as one times per day

There's a reason you're doublelicious. :wink:

Okay, I’ll bite.

(Heh)

Why am I doublelicious?
  • hoofman04
    hoofman04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    khalissay wrote: »
    I know i'm not the only one who's been honked and waved at by truckers or other drivers. My instant reaction is "oh crap what's wrong with my car? Is my trunk open? Is my tire flat, oh lord I hope it's not flat", but then I look up and see them with a big ol' smile just waving at me, and it weirds me out every time.

I don't understand this. It's not like being out in public where you can chat with the person after grabbing their attention. Instead, they get a glance and a very confused, very awkward face, that lasts all of a minute.

It seems to happen to a lot of girls and probably even to guys (though I haven't heard any first hand stories from guys... yet).

It feels different than being cat called by a car while walking (I personally equate those with a young guy or girl just trying to be cool or funny with their friends by making a scene).

A lot of times I've found that these honk and wavers (especially when they're truckers) are alone in their car or truck, with no buddies to be 'cool' infront of.

So, out of pure curiosity, what do you think the logic of honking and waving to another driver is... or is there none at all besides just that? What are your experiences?

Your hot thats the logic. Think of it as saying hello lol Take it as a compliment
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I honk and wave at people I don't know. They give a confused, "do i know you?" half wave in return and I giggle to myself at the fact that they're going to wonder all day where they know me from.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    I honk and wave at people I don't know. They give a confused, "do i know you?" half wave in return and I giggle to myself at the fact that they're going to wonder all day where they know me from.

That’s not what females think when this happens. We think “mmhmm, that dude wanna get with this..”

And by females I mean me.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options

That’s not what females think when this happens. We think “mmhmm, that dude wanna get with this..”

Oh, I'm not gender specific with my toots. But, maybe I DO want to, but I fear rejection so bad I don't even allow for the possibility; I just keep driving.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Oh, I'm not gender specific with my toots. But, maybe I DO want to, but I fear rejection so bad I don't even allow for the possibility; I just keep driving.

Rumor has it that meeting women this way generally ends badly anyway :smirk:
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    Doublewides are popular here. :laugh:

TBH, I grew up as poor white trash, living in a single wide with 7 of us, and my brother and I sleeping on the fold out couch in the living room. We did step it up eventually and build on an addition so my brother and I could share a room.

Honestly, I'd take that simple living right now