You know you're on MyFitnessPal for too long when...

Options

Replies

• florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When you just start drinking the milk right out of the measuring cup.

Lol good one.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When you close your social media account.

When you have a browser open dedicated to MFP only.
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Hahahaha Guilty!!!
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Orange juice but yeah lol
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    When you've seen/commented on two or three of these threads already.

And then one is necromancied.

:laugh:

:wink:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    You can predict the next poster's response to yours.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,655 Member
    Options
    When you can accurately predict the contents of a thread just by reading the (same old, tired, repetitive) thread title.

"WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!!?" -Poster probably hasn't lost weight for 3.5 days and is freaking out. If it's an actual weight loss stall, most likely is either overeating and/or underexercising - but will be shocked and offended if you happen to mention this. They will probably report you and you will get banned for trying to be helpful.

"ALWAYS SO HUNGRY" -Poster is eating 400-800 calories a day or some other ludicrous amount and/or isn't eating exercise calories back and/or has set some insane goal.

"HOW DOES MY ROUTINE LOOK" -Poster has concocted a random workout routine that is comprised of bicep curls with milk jugs, crunches, bikram yoga and zumba. And invariably calls it strength training.

"CAN'T EAT XXXX CALORIES" -Poster got 150lbs overweight but then suddenly can't figure out how to eat 1200 calories a day. I assume most of these posts are humblebragging about their dedication and/or (even worse) are pro-ana people.

"IS EATING 0-1000 CALORIES A DAY OKAY??!?" -Poster knows it's not okay or they wouldn't be asking. Yet they are guaranteed to be defensive and often offended when everyone answers their plain question in a truthful manner.

"I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP" -Poster is a thinly veiled attention *kitten*. If you were going to give up, you'd just give up. If you were going to keep kicking *kitten*, you'd keep on kicking *kitten*. If you make a thread like this, you are simply throwing a pity party for yourself. Oh, woe is me.

"HELP, GAINED <small amount of weight> FROM BINGE" -Poster invariably ate a bunch of carbs and/or salty food and thinks they have magically gained 5lbs of fat overnight. Responses will generally prod the user to weigh in less often, despite the fact that weighing every day would accustom the average person to the daily weight fluctuations that effect everyone.

"HOW MUCH DOES IT LOOK LIKE I WEIGH" -Poster is a teenage attention *kitten*.

"EVERYBODY HERE IS SO MEAN" -Poster has been on the internet for two whole weeks and is highly offended by all of the helpful posters that will correct people spouting myths and misinformation. Poster just wants support for their 400 calorie a day intake while performing the master cleanse and the military diet reboot. If poster were to venture outside of MFP to any other part of the internet, they would probably die from shock.

"BITE/SUCK/LICK/MARRY/BANG/FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS OR MURDER" -Poster is a complete idiot and should be removed from the gene pool immediately.

You can also accurately predict details about the poster by the contents of their posts. You can discern gender, age, level of experience, intelligence, everything. Just simply looking at someone's join date, number of posts and avatar you already know 90% of what you need to know about them. Hell, you can smell a beachbody "coach" or a Visalus or Herbalife or whatever salesperson, from a mile away.

lol
  • PatiencePerceptionandPeace
    Options
    When you get a little butt hurt if MFP makes app changes and post a rant about it...
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Hahahaha Guilty!!!

hahaha me too.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    ... you've worn a heart rate monitor to shovel snow or mow the lawn
    ... you've Googled "how to cut a pizza in sixes"
    ... you've checked the exercise database to see if you can add your amorous activities
    ... you've considered wearing a heart rate monitor during said activities
    ... you've taken apart a sandwich so you can weigh the components separately

lmao I thought I was the only one who checked the database for amorous activities. Of course, I was going to log it in as something else with the calorie burning equivalent. :)

Just so everyone knows, supposedly "Horseback Riding" burns the same calories for the time period of amorous activities. Okay, obviously I'm guilty of looking this up too!!!!!
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    .....when you double check your exercise plans for the day just to have a McDonald's Egg White Delight before getting anywhere near the drive thru.

.....when you go to the gym at 8 pm at night just because you didn't get your cardio in for the day and you've been up since 5 am.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    ... you've checked the exercise database to see if you can add your amorous activities

Why would anyone need google to know how to cut a pizza in sixes?
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    When you start responding to random private messages in other languages because you have nothing to say.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    When you have to plug your phone in at noon
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

Why would anyone need google to know how to cut a pizza in sixes?

Maybe they meant 5ths?

Some of the frozen pizzas are portioned that way.

I always just cut it into 6ths and then assume that one of them is calorie free. :drinker:
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options
    When you hop on the message board after bringing the kids to school, and look its almost time to pick them up!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    ... When you recognize the same screen names of users that are thread-killers in the "person above you" topics.

And when you can predict what the next person is going to say about you. Lack of creativity bums me out! =/
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Come straight to the PC to log your workouts, when you get home.
    (Only problem, I forgot to check how far I went on my hike...)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    When you start thinking the 'loose' may really be the right way to spell 'lose'.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    It becomes a part of your boring day.