Have you lost a few pant sizes?

Options
I have and I was wondering if the fat person inside of you is like the fat(er) person inside of me:

I started at a size 22 pant and am now wearing a size 16. Every morning now I go to put my pants on (the pants that I've been wearing for close to a month) and I think "there is NO way those fit me. They are way too small." And then they go up the whole way and zip lol

I still have 70lbs to go and I can't even think of myself at my goal of a 10/12 looking down at those tiny pants...

Replies

• Mayra_121
    Mayra_121 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling!! I bought a dress a couple of months ago and since I was in a hurry didn't try it on at the store, when I got home and tried it on it was too small and I was really frustrated. Last week I felt like trying it on again to see how much more I needed to lose for it to fit and to my pleasant surprise fit perfectly!!! Hooray for the clothes victories!!!!!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far. It can take a while to adjust to a new body image. However, weight loss tends to come slowly enough that by the time you get to your ultimate goal perhaps you will find your ultimate pants size more believable. Good luck with your continuing weight loss.
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I too was in a size 22. Now Im in a size 10. I went to buy new pants a few weeks ago and had to leave the dressing room to get a SMALLER size than the one I went in with! It felt so awesome when most of my life its been the other way around. :smile:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I agree...size 22 down to a 14 now and I still find myself stretching out shirts before I put them on (you know...to make them wider?) LOL! I too look at jeans and say no way. I've just recently accepted that I'm smaller and looked at my progress pics and saw a difference. Just a month ago, I swore I didn't see any difference in those pics!
    I'm starting to look for size 12 jeans and it's hard for me to believe that.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. When I started MFP, I was wearing a pant size 22. Now, I fit very comfortablely in a size 16!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    What an awesome loss, and I totally get how you feel. I've lost three sizes, 18 to 12, and even though the 12's are actually a bit on the big size, it still feels like I should still be a 14. Also, I still think I'm going to suddenly not clasp at the seventh hole on my belt (I started at the third), yet today, I accidentally clasped at the eighth!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I started at a 24/26 and am now at an 18, almost 16 :)
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I sell upscale clothing from my home, and needless to say, have way too much. I went through all of my clothes and tried everything on about 10 days ago, getting rid of what I didn't love, making a "seamstress pile", and separating the things that were too small on their own rack. I'm so bad, I own some pants in 2 sizes!
    About 4 days ago, I went to put on some white capris and they were WAY too big. I went to the "too small" rack and pulled the identical pair off and they fit great. It's amazing that in a matter of days, something that used to fit great swallows you and something you never thought you'd get in to fits! I love it!
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a size 20 to a size 12 and I still do the happy dance when the 12's fit (I've been wearing them for almost 2 months now).

I graduated high school in a size 12/13 so the idea that I may actually be able to wear a 10 in the near future is kind of scary... I can't even remember being that small!!
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is one of the things I'm finding frustrating about my weight loss. I've lost 86 lbs and have only gone from a 24 pant to a 20. I realize perhaps I was larger than a 24 prior to beginning and just refused to buy pants larger than that...

I know I've come a long way, but I just thought I would be down to at least a 16 or even 18 after losing over 80lbs.

GREAT job, though OP!!! Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer :)
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome feeling! I've definitely looked at a pair of pants and thought the same thing. I started at a size 16/18. One of my goals is to fit in a single digit size by Christmas. I'm a 10 right now, so I'm hoping to be in an 8 soon! :)
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 14 and have a dress that needed assistant from my nanny to zip, last Sunday I zipped it my self without a hassle.

This morning I wore my old suit size 12 that I wasn't wearing anymore and it was loose fitting.????
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I went from a 12 to a 4 and sometimes a 2.

I'm stil fascinated by that fact. Took me six months of being out of a 12 before I could give them away. I guess I just didn't trust I'd be able to maintain it.
  • bcassill2013
    bcassill2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll be the only guy to reply, I went from becoming a very snug 38 to a comfortable 32, so, I guess that's down 3 pant sizes in men's sizes.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I feel the same EXACT way lol. Every time I grab my new shirts or pant I think that too and then low and behold it fits lol. My long term goal is to keep the same pant/ shirt size regardless of the scale.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    size 54 to 38 :) down 8 sizes. I hope to stay at 38 for a while now.. its getting expensive!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yep! I often do the same! I was a size 18-20 when I first started my weight loss & now I'm a size 10! I often look at my clothes and think thy are ad too tiny! Great feeling when you realise that they fit perfectly :-)
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I went from a 22 to 16/18! Feels great! Can't wait to be out of plus size tho :p
  • tavinsmom
    tavinsmom Posts: 101
    Options
    I started in a 20 as well and am in a 16. I can't wear the 20's anymore, but I will admit I wear the 18's because it's hard to give them up, even though they are way to big (I do like things lose though)
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a size 12 to a size 8 and can't wait to get myself into a size 6 again. When I tried on pants this weekend that I was wearing just a month ago, I can't believe how much a person's body can change in such a short time. I wish I had discovered fitness pal years ago - I never fully understood healthy "dieting" until I started here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!