Apple Cidar Vinegar

Options

Replies

• PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've used it to remove a couple of moles, but that's the only experience I've had with it. It works really well for that, though. Burned off the first mole in about four days, the second in only two!
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/tfRuCT0T_W0

Not sure if the link will work but this video gives you an idea of the benefits (or lack there of).

I

Well, who DOESN'T need a skinnier rat?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    jrochest wrote: »
    PokeyBug wrote: »
    I've used it to remove a couple of moles, but that's the only experience I've had with it. It works really well for that, though. Burned off the first mole in about four days, the second in only two!

It also does a bang-up job of removing cat urine stench from laundry, should you ever be so unfortunate as to need that. Ask me why I know. . . :#:#

Good to know... :neutral:

I'll keep that little bit of information on a bright pink sticky note on the washing machine...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    jrochest wrote: »

It also does a bang-up job of removing cat urine stench from laundry, should you ever be so unfortunate as to need that. Ask me why I know. . . :#:#

Yanno how sometimes new clothes stink? ACV helps get that out AND is a natural fabric softener. I buy the gallon jugs of cheap ACV for the laundry room.

(I use Bragg's for cooking.)
  • kshama2001
    Options

Oh yes, I've used ACV to get rid of skin barnacles/Seborrheic Keratosis too.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    43Ninebark wrote: »
    I don't know if there are any benefits to it, but I drink about 1 tbsp mixed with a cup of warm water, bit of ground cayenne pepper, bit of fresh/ground ginger, and a bit of lemon juice/zest.

That actually sounds good. I'll have to try it.

Seriously? That sounds like fire in a cup.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there are any benefits to it, but I drink about 1 tbsp mixed with a cup of warm water, bit of ground cayenne pepper, bit of fresh/ground ginger, and a bit of lemon juice/zest.

Honestly, If you want these things in your diet, just add them.

If you want to supplement with them, you'll need way more than "a bit". See Examine.com for studied benefits of cayenne, ginger, lemon, etc and meaningful/effective dose.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Someone left a banana on top of my refrigerator for a few months. When I found the mummified remains, the banana insides had been replaced with 100,000,000 fruit flies. I put out a tub of ACV and they were drawn right to it! Got rid of the flies within a few days. I didn't notice if they had lost more weight after drowning in the ACV. ;)

Here's more on using ACV for a fruit fly trap: http://kk.org/cooltools/apple-cider-vin/
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm reminded of a murder mystery by Agatha Christie where the case hinged on the "banting" (dieting) of the murdered lady's companion. The companion was drinking a vinegar tonic every night and scanting on her dinners and the detective thought he'd figured out how the poison was administered only to discover that the companion ate a cornflour mixture meant for the lady who died, so that was out.

So the poor companion skipped the dessert course, subjected herself to a vinegar concoction, and then ate cornmeal mush instead and ate back all the calories she had saved. But it turned out the sprinkles on top of the dessert were poisoned so skipping it and drinking vinegar instead saved her life!
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Lord Byron apparently lived on vinegar and potatoes in an effort to lose weight, at one point.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options

That actually sounds good. I'll have to try it.

It's the "formula" for the "Master Cleanse" which was never actually proven to have any health benefits.