Replies

• SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Spinach, Strawberries & Chicken. Yummm (:
    I love fruit in my salad.
  • missississanne
    Options
    I love the new garden market salad at chic fil a... Has strawberries and blueberries too!
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Whatever leafy greens are on sale - green apple, craisins, feta cheese, tomato, red pepper, walnuts or pumpkin seeds, two poached eggs. If you keep the yolks somewhat runny there is no need for salad dressing. But if you need it Marie's Super Blue Cheese. AND if I really have some calories leftover some Avacado.
  • AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always love baby spinach, grape tomatoes, red onion, almond slivers, craisins (I put feta on my kids') and a greek or vinagrette dressing.

Lately I've been loving baby spinach, romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, onions, black olives, green olives, red onion, cucumber, and pepperincini with sweet onion (basically a veggie delight salad from subway, but I make it at home, too). So stinkin' yummy!!!
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    THIS SALAD!!

http://www.sprinklewithflour.com/2013/05/fried-goat-cheese-beet-salad-nutmeg.html

But I bake the goat cheese rounds instead of frying them. OMG I could eat that all day every day.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Mt current favorite salad has no leafy greens at all: English or Persian cucumbers (no peeling needed), cherry tomatoes (the heritage ones at Costco are great because of all the different colors), sweet onions and 1.5 tablespoons of Riverhouse Greek Feta & Kalamata Olive dressing. A big and filling salad is only about 300 calories.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love hamburger salad - iceburg lettuce, lots of tomatoes, shredded cheese, lean crumbled hamburger meat, cucumbers, carrots and lite thousand island. It is like eating a Big Mac, but tastes way better.
  • jenhed96
    jenhed96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Salad 1: Mixed baby field greens with 1-2oz crumbled goat cheese, croutons (homemade with 1oz of a whole wheat baquette, cut into cubes, sprayed with olive oil spray, and toasted/roasted with whatever herbs I feel like throwing in), craisins or raisins, some fennel seeds, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar (the good kind). No need for oil if you have the good stuff!

Salad 2: Greek salad with romaine, 1-2oz feta, 2oz chopped kalamata olives, tomatoes, cukes, juice of half a lemon and a few shakes of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. I often add a chicken breast that I douse in Penzy's Greek spice mix, then sautee.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Whatever leafy greens are on sale - green apple, craisins, feta cheese, tomato, red pepper, walnuts or pumpkin seeds, two poached eggs. If you keep the yolks somewhat runny there is no need for salad dressing. But if you need it Marie's Super Blue Cheese. AND if I really have some calories leftover some Avacado.

Wow this sounds great, Never thoughts to put poached eggs on mine. I will try that!