Great visual for mindful eating!

I need this in my refrigerator!

jdw94mv2zqh6.jpeg

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Sigh...pizza and tortilla chips are my favorite things on that list and they just happen to have the worst quantity to calorie ratio.

Seriously though, the calories in tortilla chips is just stupid. At least pizza can be a full meal.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I'd have to walk an hour or more for a can of coke, the exercise cals are sort of meaningless.
  • MelanieCN77
    edited May 2018
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I actually hate looking at food in terms of how much I need to work off in order to consume it.

There's also the loose insinuation that you get exactly as hungry for calories as what you burn, which is far from the truth.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I actually hate looking at food in terms of how much I need to work off in order to consume it.

There's also the loose insinuation that you get exactly as hungry for calories as what you burn, which is far from the truth.

true and its also funny to me that we will never be able to burn exactly what we plan to eat as the image implies. Exercise burns are just estimations.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2018
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I might argue that the general culture is arguing to be right rather than to be helpful... but then I'm just feeding into that culture, aren't I?

But to your point... I don't disagree. I'm merely suggesting that it's not always necessary. Generalizations can be perfectly fine at times.

Are 'right' and 'helpful' mutually exclusive? I would definitely argue that when it happens being wrong and helpful is accidental.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited May 2018
    NovusDies wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I might argue that the general culture is arguing to be right rather than to be helpful... but then I'm just feeding into that culture, aren't I?

But to your point... I don't disagree. I'm merely suggesting that it's not always necessary. Generalizations can be perfectly fine at times.

Are 'right' and 'helpful' mutually exclusive? I would definitely argue that when it happens being wrong and helpful is accidental.

They can be. We might be getting to that point here.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    Mindful Eating or Intuitive Eating doesn't work for me. You're supposed to cultivate a deep self-awareness that you can eat whatever you want- whenever you want. I thought you might've been looking for our individual visuals.

My visual is the image of me trying to get off the floor with knee pain, pain in my wrists and shoulders trying to lift myself up. It's me, taking the stairs one step at a time, hanging on so I don't fall while I put my good knee down first and then the bum knee that was buckling under the weight. That's my visual that keeps me going. I don't want to go out like that.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Thankfully I don't eat any of these!
  • MelanieCN77
    Grimmerick wrote: »
    I actually do this with money, how many hours do I have to work for something, honestly surprises me how I can afford anything at all after bills lol

Ha I do this with units sold, as we manufacture and wholesale. "That costs 25 CDs sold holy *kitten*."