Great visual for mindful eating!

2»

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I fail to see any myths in this thread.

I also think there is a line between dispelling a myth and splitting that myth into microscopic hairs, then arguing about whether those hairs are brown or burnt sienna - something we do quite often around here.

Why doesn't the chart show how long it takes to work off a chicken breast? Why is it only targeting "bad" food? Where is the context that says you only have to exercise if you eat those food items and you are above your calorie limit for the day?

In almost every forum there is at least one person who basically sits in the balcony and criticizes the Muppets for not behaving exactly the way he/she thinks they should. It is just a group of random posters. They are not perfect.

ok... I'll back out then.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I fail to see any myths in this thread.

I also think there is a line between dispelling a myth and splitting that myth into microscopic hairs, then arguing about whether those hairs are brown or burnt sienna - something we do quite often around here.

Why doesn't the chart show how long it takes to work off a chicken breast? Why is it only targeting "bad" food? Where is the context that says you only have to exercise if you eat those food items and you are above your calorie limit for the day?

In almost every forum there is at least one person who basically sits in the balcony and criticizes the Muppets for not behaving exactly the way he/she thinks they should. It is just a group of random posters. They are not perfect.

Hey hey, don't forget about the people that sit in the balcony above the balcony, they are posters too! Ha, btw love the muppet reference, I am keeping that for future use.
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    To me this seems like a really unhealthy way to view food and exercise? But I guess if it works for you great. Food is fuel, exercise is not punishment. It's probably been mentioned (I didn't read all the responses) but for the sake of your relationship with food it would make more sense to me to pre-log your food to make it fit your calorie allotment and to experiment and find an exercise you actually enjoy. Instead of just working out so you can eat?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,324 Member
    It is a good little example about the high calorie content of the many snacks overweight people tend to eat. thanks for posting..it isn't meant to be anything more than a comparison for enlightenment.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Or...you look at the calories and determine whether or not you can fit it into your day. You don't have to punish yourself to treat yourself. Granted, the only thing on that list I would eat is pizza and we don't have any Little Caesars nearby.

Well, I take it back...I'm currently eating Oreos in mint ice cream.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member

So . . . MFP members are basically Statler and Waldorf? https://youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Btw, what is the original source of this dysfunctional infographic?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Meh. I don't like the notion that you have to exercise off the treats you eat. You could just eat less at lunch and have a bag of chips as a snack.