What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    tk2222 wrote: »
    OK so I'm not THE biggest person in my new 30ish-person program, but I'm the second biggest by a fairly long stretch. I think the one-bigger-than-me person could be a good friend, because she's sharp and says what she thinks and our interests align, but I don't like the mental image of being the two funny fat chicks together, oh so naturally, in this crowd of skinny, outdoorsy, stylish types (a lot of designers in the lot.) How petty is that? Another guy also threw out that he's thinking of doing the summer in Paris (as. one. does.) and I realized I might potentially be able to as well (or somewhere else) and my first thought was, ugh, I'm not going to Paris a. if I can't wear cute clothes, and b. I feel guilty about every bit of cheese I eat.

Also in France they walk a lot. Dragging extra weight all over another country is b#tch.
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Before, when I would lose weight I would only feel value due to my looks...I've changed that perspective a few months ago...but who doesn't like the attention? Time to work on looking better!
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    tk2222 wrote: »
    OK so I'm not THE biggest person in my new 30ish-person program, but I'm the second biggest by a fairly long stretch. I think the one-bigger-than-me person could be a good friend, because she's sharp and says what she thinks and our interests align, but I don't like the mental image of being the two funny fat chicks together, oh so naturally, in this crowd of skinny, outdoorsy, stylish types (a lot of designers in the lot.) How petty is that? Another guy also threw out that he's thinking of doing the summer in Paris (as. one. does.) and I realized I might potentially be able to as well (or somewhere else) and my first thought was, ugh, I'm not going to Paris a. if I can't wear cute clothes, and b. I feel guilty about every bit of cheese I eat.

Also in France they walk a lot. Dragging extra weight all over another country is b#tch.

Yes, and in heels.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Resetting my goals again. Petty reason? I just want to see how much smaller I can get in a healthy way, given my $hitty schedule at the moment.
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I want to fit into clothes from Asia and transform into a true weeaboo AND koreaboo.

Literally me too. I am heading to Japan for my honey moon next year.
  • KatrinaPryde
    KatrinaPryde Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just got really mad at how I looked in certain outfits. I feel like I can't dress how I want and that I just don't look..impressive.
  • just_me_p
    just_me_p Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    because it feels good running into people from your past when you look good. stick it to the ex's =p