June 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I need some help with my running playlist. I am sick of all of them and I am out ideas. Favorite running songs?
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I need some help with my running playlist. I am sick of all of them and I am out ideas. Favorite running songs?

Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce. Or all things Beyonce.

Guns N Roses...anything from Appetite for Destruction.

Flo-rida. Low or My House.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @ariceroni YAY! Well done!! Way to stick it out through the nausea!

@5BeautifulDays Dude! At that rate you will be in Marathon shape for the fall season! :lol: Well done!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @ariceroni - Congratulations!! WOW! That is a fast 5k and I agree that the photos show that you left nothing out there! Fantastic placing 3rd female OA!! I do love the photo of you under the 'Solidarity Drive'!

@katharmonic - That is a super cute race photo!

I think it was Runner's World that just had an article about how to take better race photos... Don't look at the camera or at your watch it can make you break your form; Do speed up (then you don't look like you are shuffling or walking); Don't smile - not sure the rational on this one. There were others but I think these were the main ones.

@elise4270 - so cool that you are going to have @seanevan10 as a Duo buddy!

Probably because your face is more relaxed when not smiling and forcing a smile can look more like a grimace (at least for me). You probably get a more natural smile/expression if not thinking about it.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I prefer audio books personally, but I am told that Spotify and some of the other streaming services have premade running playlists you might want to check out?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce. Or all things Beyonce.

Guns N Roses...anything from Appetite for Destruction.

Flo-rida. Low or My House.

These are good. I always like Eminem's lose it. Amazon has some fun playlists for runners. I like the 80s music for runners the best. But I am not good at this because I only listen to podcasts now.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @katharmonic I think you come in a close second or third for best race photo in thread. @7lenny7 's jump shot I think still wins. Sorry :)
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

June...I'll change my tune...
    6/1 rest
    6/2 1.87
    6/3 rest
    6/4 2.00
    6/5 rest (damned toe...)
    6/6 2.28
    6/7 rest (")
    6/8 2.25

Total 8.40

Ticker is my goal for 2018 and progress to date:

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @amymoreorless - There are quite a few good running playlists on Spotify. Runners World has a new one just about every month but I really like Shalane Flanagans (Run Elite I think it is called). My running playlist is really a mixed bag - I have some Florence and the Machine, The Black Keys, Phantogram, Muse, Depeche Mode, Arcade Fire, the xx, The War on Drugs and lots more. Lately I have been going back to Lady Gaga... If you want to find me (Shana Bereznay) on Spotify you can take a look...
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing I love my friend and am motivated to get her running... 5:30 on a Saturday is just crazy talk! But on the bright side, I got C25k w1d3 + 9k run + weights/strength exercises all done by 7:30! On my solo run, I saw 2 european hampsters (one ran away like a normal animal and the other dashed across the sidewalk in front of me while snarling ferociously), a roadkilled hedgehog :(, a man running in a button-up dress shirt, and this:btjlis9etnrn.jpg
    wf85i1ys89g1.jpg

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    6/30 Silesian Highland [trail] Half Marathon
    7/16 CityTrail OnTour 5k

So beautiful!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @Orphia good luck on your 50k! You've been training hard for this. You can do it!
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I know I am late but I want to join!!! I wish I found this group sooner!! My goal for June is 60 miles.

June 1 4 miles
    June 2 4 miles
    June 3 6 miles
    June 4
    June 5
    June 6 4.3 miles
    June 7 4.3 miles
    June 8 3.5 miles
    June 9 3.1 Race day
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

@katharmonic Nice contrast to your earlier race photo! Hey, you look tall!

Hat tip to @mbaker566 and @ContraryMaryMary , fellow runners from the Handstand Challenge thread.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10671026/june-handstand-challenge

Any other runners want to join us in learning / getting better at handstands?

Tomorrow (Sunday), I'm going for it.

Wish me luck on my first 50 km run.

Thanks all for the nice comments on my better photo! I look tall - lol, yes I'm pretty tall and get that a lot.

I am totally intimidated by handstands but maybe should give it a try now that I've been strength training - maybe I could do it?

Good luck on your 50 km today!!! I was just about to look up the conversion to miles but realized I could probably do that one in my head from a 5k. :) Anyway, it's long and I am impressed!

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    06/01/18 :::: 1.4 :::: 1.4
    06/02/18 :::: 0.0 :::: 1.4
    06/03/18 :::: 13.1 :::: 14.5
    06/04/18 :::: 0.8 :::: 15.3
    06/05/18 :::: 3.6 :::: 18.9
    06/06/18 :::: 3.5 :::: 22.4
    06/07/18 :::: 0.0 :::: 22.4
    06/08/18 :::: 0.0 :::: 22.4
    06/09/18 :::: 9.0 :::: 31.4

I took a couple of rest days after running races on Sunday and Wednesday this week. I did circuit training yesterday though with several laps of running thrown in there on the tiny indoor track, but didn't keep track of time or distance on that. All I know is that I also did a lot of squats and my legs are feeling that.

Today's long run was nice, it was a beautiful morning about 55 degrees F to start. There were a lot of people out for the good weather and it was the first week of our new training cycle so that's always a good turnout. There was also a sprint tri going on at the park so lots of activity. The run felt pretty good but I'm feeling sore now that I'm done. Might need a nice soak in the tub, and of course will have to go for a long walk with my girl Stella so that might help although it's the last thing I feel like doing at the moment.

Good luck to on any races this weekend, and in getting those long runs in, or whatever you have planned.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Welcome @zebedeeclare ! And good luck on your 10k! Just enjoy it. Walk if you need to. What distance did you run in London?